DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA1 vs. MA2 – A Practical Comparison

I can totally agree with the shortcomings of WiFi. They can still be great in the right location but it sounds like occucync has got it beat. I will be getting the air 2 after starting with a mavic Mini (still a great drone)

My take (on the info so far), compared to the MA1:

Plus:
. Occusync
. Flight Time
. Camera

Minus
. Controller
. Size
. Fly app (hopefully they have revisions ready to go for the app)

Reactions: Ztopgun28
I hope an ipad mini 5 can fit in the newer ma2 controller
No, it won't fit currently. Either wait for DJI to release some kind of adapter or find someone who has a 3D printed adapter. (I am working on it right now, but I have to wait for my MA2 to arrive to have the exact measurements for that adapter)

I can totally agree with the shortcomings of WiFi. They can still be great in the right location but it sounds like occucync has got it beat. I will be getting the air 2 after starting with a mavic Mini (still a great drone)

It doesn’t sound like, it has it beat by 8 km.

Ok thanks, what about go 4 app? Is the s10+on that list?

No, the official list of supported devices for the Go 4 app does not include many of the newer phones. The S10, S10+, S20, or any of the Iphone 11 series are all not listed. Many times devices that are not officially listed as compatible work perfectly, but if you have an issue, you risk DJI pulling the "incompatible device" card.

Reactions: Ztopgun28
No, the official list of supported devices for the Go 4 app does not include many of the newer phones. The S10, S10+, S20, or any of the Iphone 11 series are all not listed. Many times devices that are not officially listed as compatible work perfectly, but if you have an issue, you risk DJI pulling the "incompatible device" card.
Oh ok gotcha, thanks

It only has Hyperlapse Waypoint not regular mode

That is ridiculous. Waypoints were promised on the original Air and were even advertised in the marketing materials. There is zero reason not to have this other than something to differentiate the Pro from the Air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lschabert