DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Battery Charge

Jaldrich

Reactions
Maybe I missed this somewhere or maybe there’s a post someplace on here that talks about this however I was wondering how long the batteries hold a charge after they’re charged?

I Have three batteries that came with my MA2 combo pack. I did the first charge on the individual charger (all went well).

The next charge I did was with the charging station after each battery reached its full four dots I removed the battery. Three days later I was packing stuff up to go fly just happened to click The button on top of the battery in each three are only showing three dots and not a fourth dot.

Just curious if this is normal for this type of battery to not hold a full charge. I understand as time goes by you’re going to lose some charge but three days seems awfully fast or at least it seems awfully fast to me with all my other chargeable batteries I have.

Maybe I missed this somewhere or maybe there’s a post someplace on here that talks about this however I was wondering how long the batteries hold a charge after they’re charged?

I Have three batteries that came with my MA2 combo pack. I did the first charge on the individual charger (all went well).

The next charge I did was with the charging station after each battery reached its full four dots I removed the battery. Three days later I was packing stuff up to go fly just happened to click The button on top of the battery in each three are only showing three dots and not a fourth dot.

Just curious if this is normal for this type of battery to not hold a full charge. I understand as time goes by you’re going to lose some charge but three days seems awfully fast or at least it seems awfully fast to me with all my other chargeable batteries I have.
Have you read though your owners manual, specifically the battery/management section...your answers are probably in there. https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.2_en1.pdf

Reactions: dawgpilot
@Jaldrich hi fellow flyer as others have suggested please read the online manual and you will see that the batteries are made to discharge when not in use

Reactions: Drone Master
Reactions: old man mavic
The thing is, shouldn't start discharging to 60% until after 5 days, but he's saying he saw it decrease significantly after just 2 or 3 days.

I’ll be the first to say I totally did not see the battery thing in the manual I have no idea how I missed it however it reduced quite significantly on day 3.

I drained them all down to almost 0 this afternoon flying around so I’ll throw them on the battery charger tomorrow get them all charged up and then track the progress again maybe it was just a fluke.

The thing is, shouldn't start discharging to 60% until after 5 days, but he's saying he saw it decrease significantly after just 2 or 3 days.
Mine go down to 84% in 3 days if not flown. That’s typical for my version of FW.

Reactions: Jaldrich
I suspect that DJI has tweaked these thresholds in firmware updates so the exact values in the out-of-date manual no longer hold.

Reactions: Jaldrich
I’ll be the first to say I totally did not see the battery thing in the manual I have no idea how I missed it however it reduced quite significantly on day 3.

I drained them all down to almost 0 this afternoon flying around so I’ll throw them on the battery charger tomorrow get them all charged up and then track the progress again maybe it was just a fluke.

It is best to charge your batteries before flying and not letting them self discharge. You may be decreasing their longevity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007