DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Battery Discharge?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
Do the MA2 Intelligent Batteries allow you to adjust the discharge time?

My old MP1 came with a 10 day default setting which was just way too long, so I adjusted the settings to just one day and they work great to this day

When I got my Mini, I didn't like the fact that it had no adjustable settings for the batts

Now I'm looking at purchasing a pre-owned MA2/FM/SC combo and kinda curious as to how the batteries work

I usually charge my packs the night before taking flight, but if I end up delaying due to weather, I'd like to know that they will safely discharge

They will safely discharge, but you have no control over it.

What is the chemical make up of these batteries?

My old MP1 has LiPo packs and my goal is to always store them at a storage charge (~3.8v) and never keep them fully charged for more than a day

Seen too many horror stories of them starting to swell from people leaving them fully charged

They also made matters worse by constantly checking the status by pushing the power button, which only resets the discharge clock

Reactions: Pallidin
Li-Po, although there are many variants of that.

All DJI batteries self-discharge but all models starting a couple of years back don't give you a choice for the delay anymore, believe they're all hardcoded at 5 days. Checking the level without actually turning them on doesn't reset the counter anymore either.
Doesn't make much sense to do just 1 day.

Battery swelling is a known issue, but I think that swelling would be more apt to come from trying to recharge batteries that are still warm/hot. The self discharge feature would seem to take care of itself as long as you leave them in the discharged state until just before flying. Hanatora chargers are great for this because they charge batteries simultaneously. When charging my three batteries I put two on the Hanatora and one on the DJI charger and am fully charged back inside of an hour. Also, the Hanatora charger can discharge the batteries as well if you don't want to rely on the self discharge function.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carlodifranco18