DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 car Charger

DamoCool

Reactions
Has anyone purchased the car charger and actually had the need to use it?

I’ve got the combo so have 3 batteries. I’m going to the coast for the day and I’m just wondering if realistically I’m going to need it!

Reactions: Tomcat16

I’ve got the combo so have 3 batteries. I’m going to the coast for the day and I’m just wondering if realistically I’m going to need it!
Maybe you just answered your own question? ;)

I order one for the same purpose. Day trips.

for me it will just take 1 time for me to think “I wish I had one right now” to make it worth it.

driving home and you see a one in a million shot and you spent all your batteries that’s how I justify it at least. Even if I do not get use out of it that’s ok, It’s insurance for me.

Reactions: Roy1957
I order one for the same purpose. Day trips.

for me it will just take 1 time for me to think “I wish I had one right now” to make it worth it.

driving home and you see a one in a million shot and you spent all your batteries that’s how I justify it at least. Even if I do not get use out of it that’s ok, It’s insurance for me.

Did you go DJI or a third party?

This is the one I use. It can charge 2 batteries at once and the remote or your screen. Most importantly the engine doesn't have to be running. The DJI one will quit charging soon after the engine is turned off. I paid $30 for mine 3 months ago. You can get a much better deal.

This is the one I use. It can charge 2 batteries at once and the remote or your screen. Most importantly the engine doesn't have to be running. The DJI one will quit charging soon after the engine is turned off. I paid $30 for mine 3 months ago. You can get a much better deal.

This is the car charger recommended in a recent video by the Drone Valley guy.

Reactions: LongRifle
Did you go DJI or a third party?
3rd party! I’ve seen a few posts around stating “I wouldn’t risk my batteries with non DJI” but I don’t think it is an issue. 1.ive seen posts about how you shouldn’t use the DJI bank when you do your first charge. Else they brick supposedly. So even the DJI ones cause issues. [btw I did this not knowing this advice without any problems). 2. Most importantly it seems all the charging “intelligence” is within the battery and not the charger(s) all the chargers do is give volts and amps through the terminals and allow communication between batteries. You can tell this by the 3rd party bank. This bank would be a lot bulkier with a processing board if it was complicated.enough. Coupled.

as long as the charger passes steady DC power to the batteries you will be good. As Our cars are DC it’s a relatively easy electrical engineering task to do that so I have a lot of confidence in getting 3rd party. Plus the fact I cannot find ny cases of batteries being damaged by them. I’m sure it happens but it’s rare enough to show it’s a minor issue. I would expect in those cases where it happened the battery was about to go no matter the charger too.

TLDR
it’s your call but volts are volts whether it has a DJI logo or not!

Reactions: mschaffer66
3rd party! I’ve seen a few posts around stating “I wouldn’t risk my batteries with non DJI” but I don’t think it is an issue. 1.ive seen posts about how you shouldn’t use the DJI bank when you do your first charge. Else they brick supposedly. So even the DJI ones cause issues. [btw I did this not knowing this advice without any problems). 2. Most importantly it seems all the charging “intelligence” is within the battery and not the charger(s) all the chargers do is give volts and amps through the terminals and allow communication between batteries. You can tell this by the 3rd party bank. This bank would be a lot bulkier with a processing board if it was complicated.enough. Coupled.

as long as the charger passes steady DC power to the batteries you will be good. As Our cars are DC it’s a relatively easy electrical engineering task to do that so I have a lot of confidence in getting 3rd party. Plus the fact I cannot find ny cases of batteries being damaged by them. I’m sure it happens but it’s rare enough to show it’s a minor issue. I would expect in those cases where it happened the battery was about to go no matter the charger too.

TLDR

Exactly...people fear that which they do not understand.

TLDR

I’m just a little wary about them charging while the cars stationery, don’t think I’d want to leave them on charge will I’m not there.

I use a 12v converter in the car
My charger goes everywhere with me as it is in my case all the time.
Only trouble is cigar lighter goes off with the ignition
Luckily I've come across a fix to make them live all the time
Just have to be careful not to flatten car battery

Reactions: volition
I use a 12v converter in the car
My charger goes everywhere with me as it is in my case all the time.
Only trouble is cigar lighter goes off with the ignition
Luckily I've come across a fix to make them live all the time
Just have to be careful not to flatten car battery

Like this?

I've not got the cup holder one
Mine is just the bog standard box type that's in the boot all the time

Like this?

I think a car charger is a great idea, especially if you have to travel any distance to get that awesome footage. You never know while your driving if you will spot something interesting and need another battery.
I've seen some third party chargers on Amazon for about $23.00, not a bad price. Don't know if they are any good.
Good Luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki