DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Controller Dead

ScottHandler

Reactions
During firmware update (on a brand new controller, first use), something failed and the controller is dead. Nothing will power on. Battery not the issue.

Used the Assistant v2.0.14 and the firmware update fails. It shows Current: V00.00.0000 and the Latest Version: V01.00.1200.

Is there a way to hard reset a dead controller?

Sounds like it failed right out of the box. Return/exchange under warranty.

Try updating through DJI Assistant 2 on your PC. Connect it to the computer via the USB cable. If it’s recoverable this is the only option.

During firmware update (on a brand new controller, first use), something failed and the controller is dead. Nothing will power on. Battery not the issue.

Used the Assistant v2.0.14 and the firmware update fails. It shows Current: V00.00.0000 and the Latest Version: V01.00.1200.

Is there a way to hard reset a dead controller?
How can you see the controller version in Asst. 2 if it won't turn on?

I'm new to this but the actual controller will not power up but the Assistant does seem to read some part of the unit. The "Current" version of zero's is a good hint that the unit was corrupted (during the firmware upgrade).

It doesn’t need to be turned on. The USB-C port powers up the main board and reads the BIOS checking the hardware and software versions. (At least that’s how it’s supposed to work barring an actual hardware failure) I’d say you really don’t have anything to lose, if it doesn’t work you can still take it in to DJI for repair, if it does work you’ve saved yourself a trip in there...

It doesn’t need to be turned on. The USB-C port powers up the main board and reads the BIOS checking the hardware and software versions. (At least that’s how it’s supposed to work barring an actual hardware failure) I’d say you really don’t have anything to lose, if it doesn’t work you can still take it in to DJI for repair, if it does work you’ve saved yourself a trip in there...
Interesting I only have the SC and it doesn't work that way...In fact not only does it have to be on you have to select "Charge Only" on USB side on the SC for it to detect. ;)

To the OP did you do a refresh firmware? Or does it fail that as well?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N