DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Display Lag

alanj49

Reactions
I am relatively new to the MA2 and have noticed than on occasion, especially when I am turning the drone left or right there will be a few seconds delay before the controller screen catches up with the drone movement. Is this something that can be adjusted for in the app or is it something else.
Many thanks in advance.

My understanding and I hope someone can also add. But it's all about signal strength. Better signal smaller latency or delay.

In the settings (transmission) , you can switch to a lower resolution display which I assume would improve latency but reduces display quality, I do not know for sure but assume so. In theory it is a trade off. If you want really quick latency you would have to have a less data hungry signal.

I am relatively new to the MA2 and have noticed than on occasion, especially when I am turning the drone left or right there will be a few seconds delay before the controller screen catches up with the drone movement. Is this something that can be adjusted for in the app or is it something else.
In general, screen lag is caused by using a tablet that's not up to the demands put on it by the app.
You might be able to tweak its performance with these tips ....
Apple devices: Install DJI GO on an Apple Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help
Android devices: Install DJI GO on an Android Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide) | Phantom Help

I only seem get this effect when the drone is turning, and I am never out of visual range of the drone, usually about 200-300 metres. I am using the latest iPad Mini 5, so I doubt that it would be the device, and I am well within the max distance for range. I will have a look at the suggested document although it says for DJI Go and I am using DJI Fly...

I've noticed the same thing with my iPhone 8, iPhone XR, and iPad Pro 9.7. It's random though, and usually I see the "low signal strength" symbol when it happens.

Also, make sure you're not trying to turn right after taking a pic - it's still writing to the card and the display won't update until finished.

I did what I could as per suggestion by @Meta4 and it made little difference unfortunately. I was not taking images at the time, just putting the drone into position, or returning home. I am wondering if it is anything to do with the positioning of the receiver in the drone and when I turn it momentarily puts it on the wrong side?

I did what I could as per suggestion by @Meta4 and it made little difference unfortunately. I was not taking images at the time, just putting the drone into position, or returning home. I am wondering if it is anything to do with the positioning of the receiver in the drone and when I turn it momentarily puts it on the wrong side?
The drone's antennas are in the legs and positioned so you should get good signal at most angles.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman