DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 first crash

SledgeTitan

Reactions
Hey everyone!

Yesterday had the first crash of the drone and I suspect it's the battery melting problem. I already contacted DJI and sent them email with photos (today is the 15th day after purchase so I guess I'll get a replacement)

Here's the story:

Was casually flying and getting some nice shots at night, so it wasn't too hot, and on the third battery at around 35% was hovering (thankfully) close to me, as I was about to land it.
It suddenly shut off without any warnings or strange movements and crashed. It was on abt 2-2.5 meters height so the damages don't look severe, except from the motors.

I'll attach the last flight log and some shots of the battery and aircraft, looks like it melted in a spot.

Attachments

• IMG_20200821_072735.jpg
    IMG_20200821_072735.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 154
  • DJIFlightRecord_2020-08-20_[21-20-06].txt
    862.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Sad
Reactions: itsneedtokno
This is terrible.

What if you were 400' AGL?
What if you were over water?

DJI needs to go back through their batts and do some QC.

Dude, the water was just 2 meters to the right!
I was so relieved that it crashed on land, that I wasn't that upset at the time, I was just staring at it for like a minute before I realized what happened ?

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I wouldn't wait for DJI's response. I would call them and tell them to send you a mailer. that it wasn't open to discussion. This is a problem that they have to have knowledge of.

I wouldn't wait for DJI's response. I would call them and tell them to send you a mailer. that it wasn't open to discussion. This is a problem that they have to have knowledge of.

I got a reply today morning to send the drone to Germany.
I made a repair case, cause it's past 15 calendar days now but noted that I emailed them on time and I want a replacement.

We'll see how it goes..

It take's awhile these days. You can keep up with the progress on the DJI support page. ..just keep checking..one day you'll click on it and bingo... you'll see that it's on it's way home :)

It take's awhile these days. You can keep up with the progress on the DJI support page. ..just keep checking..one day you'll click on it and bingo... you'll see that it's on it's way home :)
Yeah, well you know how it is to wait for your toy :) I'll send it tomorrow morning!

Reactions: hiflyer201
Quick Update regarding the time frames:

- 20 Aug had the crash
- 21 Aug sent email to DJI (within the 15 day replacement window) - online chat wasn't working
- 24 Aug got a reply from DJI
- 25 Aug sent the drone to DJI Germany
- 07 Sept got an email that they received the drone
- 09 Sept got an email that the drone will be repaired for free, and contacted via online chat that I wish for a replacement, not repair
- 10 Sept got an email that the drone will be replaced :)

Now awaiting for the new one!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots