DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 First flight. Thoughts and questions.

sammackay23

Reactions
Evening all, Finally got to take my MA2 out for its maiden flight tonight. Must say this thing is insane. Was blown away by it. Everything about this drone feels so good. Nothing negative at all to say about this. Few questions though so here goes.

1. First thing i did was send it up to 120m and selected pano. went ahead and did its thing, How do i get that pano into a) Lightroom and b) facebook?
2. What res does the pano take its pics in? 48mp?
3. Shot some video at 4k60, and it wouldnt download to my phone. Is that because the res? How do i get it onto my phone? (Samsung Note 10+)
4. Ive got it set to RAW+JPEG, i was mainly taking "smart" photos, what are they? Raw or JPEG? does the 48mp photos save as RAW and JPEG or just JPEG?

Thanks guys.

Lightroom will only open the pano as a very wide image. Lightroom doesn't understand how to deal with the optical distortion of a pano. You should end up with an 8192x4096 image after the MA2 stitches it for you. Otherwise, you can take the RAW images and stitch them yourself - which I haven't tried yet.

But if you take the card out of the drone, or connect the drone to your computer via the USB cable, you can just upload that file to Facebook or another website that understands pano and it'll be recognized as a navigable pano. I've done a few of those.

Lightroom will only open the pano as a very wide image. Lightroom doesn't understand how to deal with the optical distortion of a pano.

But if you take the card out of the drone, or connect the drone to your computer via the USB cable, you can just upload that file to Facebook or another website that understands pano and it'll be recognized as a navigable pano. I've done a few of those.
Top work. Yeah ive done panos before but through 3rd party software and ended up with the wide image in LR. Wasnt sure if i could go straight to FB with it then. Thanks

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the MA2. Lots of neat stuff to shoot all over this great land. Hope you got the combo kit, which will give you 3 total batts. You'll need 'em! Sorry I can't help you with your current problem--never shot a pano! When you need help, there are over 100,000 of us here to provide guidance as you grow as a pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Glad you've joined us!

1. For Facebook you can download and post the stitched pano from the Fly app. The following storage references are for the SD card which can be accessed from a card reader or MA2 connected to PC via a USB cable. For Lightroom the stitched pano is located under"\DCIM\100MEDIA". The associated photos (jpeg or raw) that make up the individual panes for the pano are located under "\DCIM\PANORAMA\100_9999" where "9999" will correspond to the actual jpeg pano image found under the folder "\DCIM\100MEDIA". For example a stitched pano named "\DCIM\100MEDIA\DJI_0004.jpg" will have it's corresponding pane photos under "\DCIM\PANORAMA\100_0004"

2. All individual panes used for stitching the panos that I have taken in raw mode are 4000x3000 in resolution. The number of panes and stitched pano resolution varies depending on the type of pano selected.

3. 4K60 will always use the H.265 codec. The Fly app will not download this codec to your phone. The only way to get it to your phone is a card reader and OTG cable or a PC to phone transfer and then your phone may not be able to process the H.265 codec.

4. From DJI marketing - "Mavic Air 2 features SmartPhoto, which integrates scene recognition, HyperLight, and HDR into one mode for optimal results.". All regular photos are stored under "\DCIM\100MEDIA", this includes jpeg and raw. Resolution will depend on what you have selected.

Nope all i have is DCIM/100MEDIA then into my photos. No panorama photos as such. Looking at my sd card data you wouldnt even know id taken a pano. No info regarding it at all, its on my dji fly app though and the stitched photo is/has been in lightroom and exported to my library for export, i did try and export it but the final image was all blurry? How would i know if the pano is raw or jpeg? ive got my photos set to RAW+JPEG.

Reactions: Hauptmann
Nope all i have is DCIM/100MEDIA then into my photos. No panorama photos as such. Looking at my sd card data you wouldnt even know id taken a pano. No info regarding it at all, its on my dji fly app though and the stitched photo is/has been in lightroom and exported to my library for export, i did try and export it but the final image was all blurry? How would i know if the pano is raw or jpeg? ive got my photos set to RAW+JPEG.

Once you're *in flight* in Pano mode, tap the three little dots at the top right corner, then the Camera tab, and change your Panorama Photo mode to RAW. It's not intuitive.

Once you're *in flight* in Pano mode, tap the three little dots at the top right corner, then the Camera tab, and change your Panorama Photo mode to RAW. It's not intuitive.
Ahh excellent. i never did that. i just hit pano and away it went. i think it could be on raw (i hope) had the same problem before with my Mavic Pro. Will give it a bash tonight and see. Many thanks.

The Panos default to the Pano only, which is fine if all you want is the drone-stiched file for Facebook. It's a pre-stitched jpg. You (using the info in iaincaradoc's post) can select to additionally have the individual .jpg or .dng (raw) files (but not both) so you can stitch them yourself if you prefer that way versus the pre-stitched file.

Thanks for the information guys, getting there now. I tried one just now, selected jpeg in the menu and result was perfect, did that on mobile, so I'm expecting to see, when I open the files on the sd card, there to be loads of individual jpegs? That right?

Reactions: Hauptmann
when I open the files on the sd card, there to be loads of individual jpegs? That right?

Yes. They'll be in a separate folder/directory.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spawnn