DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 FPV goggles

MsDrone

Reactions
I’m very happy with my new MA2, had her out flying 4 times and it’s amazing. I think I misinterpreted one of the features though, as I now see DJI FPV goggles don’t work with the MA2. Are there any other goggles that do work, or a workaround so you can use goggles? I didn’t buy goggles yet , I wanted to learn some things and then possibly get some goggles next summer. Thank you.

I’m very happy with my new MA2, had her out flying 4 times and it’s amazing. I think I misinterpreted one of the features though, as I now see DJI FPV goggles don’t work with the MA2. Are there any other goggles that do work, or a workaround so you can use goggles? I didn’t buy goggles yet , I wanted to learn some things and then possibly get some goggles next summer. Thank you.
Goggles will probably be supported soon. Or they will come up with a new version just for "DJI FLY" series drones.

Reactions: MsDrone
I also have the mavic Air 2. Looks like there wont be any support. Anyone find a way to wire them up?
Yes there acutally is a way! Just use your mobile phone and put it into a passive VR/AR phone holder called "Moviemask" (for 99USD) - at first it looks similar to all those Cardboard VR knockoffs, but they have a totally different approach. Instead of using split screens for each eye (which again requires special apps or app abilities) they use a special single lens instead that can be used with any existing app right away. It is like sitting in front of a very big screen or in a cinema. I am using it with a Sony Xperia mobile which has a 4k display and the picture quality is stunning! While I have never used any of the dji goggles, I believe the quality is miles better using Moviemask. In order to navigate the app while having the phone attached to your face, I am using a Goliton bluetooth device for less than 10 bucks, velcroed to my RC. But you could also using your finger through those zippers on the bottom of the mask. The only downside is the fact that you cannot (yet) control the gimbal with your head. That may be possible in the future when dji makes that an option or when they eventually release the SDK for their Fly app and other app devs make use of it.

Another alternative: If you already have an Oculus Quest (or Go) VR headset (highly recommended, that's the future for sure!) you can also stream your phone footage to it (using a sideloaded mirror screening app). But you have to deal with a bit of a latency, which should not be much of an issue unless you want to race your MA2 through some obstacles in sports mode.

Following. My MA2 is on order and I hope to be able to do FPV with it as well.

Based on a YouTube I just watched that was published on Oct 8, 2020, the demo shows the DJI Goggles tethered to a SC with HDMI working very well. Has anyone tied this with the DJI Goggles or another brand?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Based on a YouTube I just watched that was published on Oct 8, 2020, the demo shows the DJI Goggles tethered to a SC with HDMI working very well. Has anyone tied this with the DJI Goggles or another brand?

Here is another video to ponder.

It was published in November 2020 by YouTuber Ken Heron.

It's a roundabout way of using the goggles with the mini 2 and the stock controller.

It'll probably work the same with MA2.

Reactions: Leckhart
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone