DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 is a big upgrade from the Phantom 3!

chanson

Reactions
So this 'old' Phantom 3 pilot finally upgraded to the Mavic world, jumping in with a new Mavic Air 2. As 2020-2021 would have it, the day before my new MA2 arrived, I suffered a detached retina which led me to surgery and facing down 24/7 for 11 days. Two weeks after surgery, I finally go to take the new drone out for a test and I was so pleased!

First of all, the MA2 is so much more responsive than was the old Phantom 3. Touching the controls lightly brings about prompt movement from the drone. That said, I found that playing in the 'C' mode (or 'T' mode) was really smooth and rewarding in lots of ways.

I love that this drone is far superior in many ways and fits in a small case that's about 1/5 the size of the backpack case I had for the Phantom 3.

The MA2 holds up great in a moderate wind and is so quiet relative to my prior drone! After I had her up about 70 feet, you couldn't hear a thing and I was able to fly around the nearest park without anyone really noticing me or my drone.

Thankfully, the 'feel' of flying is similar to the past and I don't feel like a new pilot, but rather that I've got a far better machine to fly. I love the turns - Flying figure 8's at low altitude around the park for practice showed how she banks gently into the turns and keeps things smooth.

Of course the camera is an incredible upgrade! And although this may lead to different opinions, the fly app is easy to navigate even during flight.

I'm looking forward to moving from the Phantom Pilots forum to here and learning from you guys. Hoping to contribute my little bit as well.

Thanks!
Chris

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland chanson.

Nice to meet you Chris. ?

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Congrats on being able to fly your new Mavic. I went from a Phantom 3 Standard (aka "the cheap seats") to a Mavic 2. It was like going from an B&W TV to 60" 4K display. Everything is better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair