DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 & it’s new zoom

Canuk

Reactions
Hey guys is there a way to use the new zoom feature when your display screen is on picture mode. The zoom feature works great using the video display .

Reactions: tiwag
I don't believe there is, but there should be. I keep finding myself trying to zoom in on the picture side. My understanding is at this stage it's only video.

Reactions: tiwag
I don't believe there is, but there should be. I keep finding myself trying to zoom in on the picture side. My understanding is at this stage it's only video.
The zoom feature is video only.

Reactions: Rchawks
Is in Video Mode only and works really good. Even when you zoom to 4X (available in 1080P only) the gimbals movement is very smooth making it very useful with a very good quality. I am using this very often.

I think the theory is that digital zoom basically just crops the picture, which can easily be done in any photo app. Still, it would be nice to have the flexibility for framing still images on the fly.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Where i see the benefit is that you can see better from the air for example animals, woman in bikini :D without get closer with the drone. I am kidding. but you can !!!

Can't you crop the raw image in post proudction for digital zoom

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Can't you crop the raw image in post proudction for digital zoom
The problem is that you want to know at the moment if is an old lady or a nice looking one in the bikini when you are filming and not in post production. In that way you will keep filming or looking else.

I am kidding but the true is that help to identify bird or animals species at the moment. I use the drone to watch nature without disturbing them making the zoom very valuable.

I was hoping that I missed something and it was in the picture side as well . I have my birds for watching wildlife . 90% of the time a picture is all I want . Oh well I guess steal a pic from the video

• Haha
Reactions: zeusfl
The image quality is limited to the image sensor’s native resolution. Zooming a 1080 image up to 4x is a simple crop on a particular part of the native image. Since still pictures start out at full sensor resolution, a crop will be possible, and look “bigger” but will have fewer pixels.

not the question..but in my opinion the 4x zoom in 1080 is not worth the effort.

I think the theory is that digital zoom basically just crops the picture, which can easily be done in any photo app. Still, it would be nice to have the flexibility for framing still images on the fly.
I don't understand the reason everyone is complaining. It is no problem to capture a photo still image from any video. That way, to me, actually the preferred method. You have a wide variety of "still images" from which to choose.

I don't understand the reason everyone is complaining. It is no problem to capture a photo still image from any video. That way, to me, actually the preferred method. You have a wide variety of "still images" from which to choose.
The quality of a 12MP or 48MP DNG photo is vastly superior to a mere still frame extract from a 4K or 1080p video that is at most a 4MB jpeg.

The problem is that you want to know at the moment if is an old lady or a nice looking one in the bikini when you are filming and not in post production. In that way you will keep filming or looking else.

I am kidding but the true is that help to identify bird or animals species at the moment. I use the drone to watch nature without disturbing them making the zoom very valuable.
Thats twice your kidding, so I guess you're not. Just kidding.

• Haha
Is in Video Mode only and works really good. Even when you zoom to 4X (available in 1080P only) the gimbals movement is very smooth making it very useful with a very good quality. I am using this very often.
Have not tried the 4x as I typically shoot in 4k, which allows only 2x and my video done at sunset in fairly low light came out extremely grainy. I hope it does work better in daylight. Just clicking thru 1x seemed to be clearer, but I did not shoot any video in that mode yet.

Would love to have 2 - 4x in video when shooting waterfalls and such as I'm kind of adverse to getting in super close and being near trees, esp in winter when no leaves to give some idea of branches close by.

Not sure if I want to shoot in 1080p; but will try it out to see quality differences between it and 4k. 4k files though are SUPER HUGE and I can lighten that up some in Lightroom; but still big when loading onto FB / MeWe.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone