DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 lights where?

JayTea26

Reactions
I’ve seen conflicting posts on lights. I would like to fly recreationally only at night and Of course, day. Would white strobe on bottom and a red and green on the front arms facing forward give me the best orientation to easily see my drone? Also, I think strobe would be desirable flashing. Should the others be also flashing?

I’ve seen conflicting posts on lights. I would like to fly recreationally only at night and Of course, day. Would white strobe on bottom and a red and green on the front arms facing forward give me the best orientation to easily see my drone? Also, I think strobe would be desirable flashing. Should the others be also flashing?

These lights are used by many as they flash and give quick orientation.
The problem I have with creating a lighting Spectacle is that they really bring a lot of attention to you yourself and I have found that to be not that good.

Because of that I prefer a single flashing lume cube on top of the drone , it can be seen from 2000 ft away easily and just sits on top of the battery.

If your serious you can go this route but its a UFO light festival for all observers below. ( fire house ) Arc lights
Screenshot 05-30-2020 23.36.52.jpg

Last edited:
These lights are used by many as they flash and give quick orientation.
The problem I have with creating a lighting Spectacle is that they really bring a lot of attention to you yourself and I have found that to be not that good.

Because of that I prefer a single flashing lume cube on top of the drone , it can be seen from 2000 ft away easily and just sits on top of the battery.

If your serious you can go this route but its a UFO light festival for all observers below. ( fire house ) Arc lights
View attachment 103189

Thank you.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
You do know about the built-in LED on the bottom of the MA2, yes? Granted, it's not a strobe (maybe could be in a firmware update? but you can quickly and easily turn it off and on via the RC. I've tried it out during the day and its quite bright and easy to see in the daytime, I'm sure it's super easy to see at night...

Yes, thank you. It’s great when somewhat overhead, I will use an auxiliary strobe to better see it down range.

The color and placement of additional strobe lights is strictly your choice. The native strobes would normally be sufficient. If you place additional strobes, two cautions offhand, 1) not on top, 2) behind, not to the front or side of camera (it could wash out the pix).

Bonus, if you insist on additional strobes, I do suggest differing color to aid in directional flying. Again, your built in anti-collision lights may be sufficient for your purpose, test them first. They may also have the capability to turn auto off for camera function.

Yes, thank you. It’s great when somewhat overhead, I will use an auxiliary strobe to better see it down range.
You might be able to find and add a clear diffuser over the bottom LED so that it can be seen from away to the side, when flying. Use duct tape to attach it, perhaps, for night ops. There is a lot of light output there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000