DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2, lose of connection with RC - Can't believe I missed this one.

Cooner

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Had panic attack a few days ago when the RC seemed to lose connection with the drone. It was out aways and didn't know if/how I would get it back. I did return to home after a few minutes. Solution: if you buy a new Otterbox case for your phone, be aware the thickness of the case near the USB plugin connection to the RC make induce a loose connection. LOL ... geriatrics is setting in I guess.

You're not the first to be caught out by such things and you won't be the last and many of the other victims are a lot younger than you and quite a few have not realised the reason.

Two other things to remember
1) there is an RTH button on the controller, the problem with that is that in a panic you might press the button multiple times, it toggles between initiating an RTH and cancelling it and you might lose track oh which you have chosen.
2) Providing the failsafe behaviour is set the RTH, switch the controller off. That will, with the proviso mentioned, trigger an RTH.

Had panic attack a few days ago when the RC seemed to lose connection with the drone. It was out aways and didn't know if/how I would get it back. I did return to home after a few minutes. Solution: if you buy a new Otterbox case for your phone, be aware the thickness of the case near the USB plugin connection to the RC make induce a loose connection. LOL ... geriatrics is setting in I guess.
I had a devil of a time finding just the right cord to reach into the top of the RC-N1 controller and connect correctly to the phone despite a thick case like you described. I finally found this on Amazon. It's nice and short, and it's stiff enough so when I curled it into a spiral, it's neat and out of the way and stays that way.

I posted a review there with pictures. It's the top one showing how it fits into the controller.

I snip out around the plug in for that reason! HTH Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian