DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Obstacle Avoidance Question

sns1227

Reactions
Mavic Air 2. I am trying to determine the difference between the Obstacle Avoidance System icon being solid green and flashing green. When set at 1080p, the indicator is solid when flying. When I press return to home, the indicator starts flashing green. Does this mean the OAS is not functioning, or functioning differently while flashing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Mavic Air 2. I am trying to determine the difference between the Obstacle Avoidance System icon being solid green and flashing green. When set at 1080p, the indicator is solid when flying. When I press return to home, the indicator starts flashing green. Does this mean the OAS is not functioning, or functioning differently while flashing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I had not noticed this, I'll have to have a look this afternoon when I fly. I only noticed it being red when I turned them off or went into sport mode.

I get flashing green at different times along with some red as well. Nothing seems amiss with drone or not that near to any obstacles.

Hmmm.... Gotta check this out myself. Spent 20 minutes trying to find "any" DJI documentation on this 'feature'. Doesn't seem to be anything and YT videos rarely even mention it. Will drop a note to DJI via Support Chat to see if there is something written.

EDIT... AGAIN. Their answer was again wrong...
Will it turns out that we still don't have an answer (Surprise). I compared the answer with the documentation (Fly App within the MA2 User Guide).

Here's my 5th reply to "Noah Li"

{"Mr. Noah Li…. No No No No !!
Geez… I don’t know what to say.
The answer you gave is wrong.
The answer you gave is for the LED lights on the front of the AIRCRAFT. This is not what I asked you for (again).

There is a ‘hexagonal shaped' ICON on the DJI Fly App screen.
The ICON is located on the left hand side of the screen (above the RTH icon).

It is an ICON that changes depending on which OBSTACLE SENSORS are functioning.
When sensors are ON.. the ICON lights up GREEN.
My question is simple…. what does it mean when the icon flashes? Either flashing/blinking green or red, off and on.
Again, this is an ICON that is on the Fly App screen NOT the Aircraft LED…
Geez.
Please pass this question to someone who understands what I am asking."}

On Friday, Feb 9th I wrote:
Well... it's been a painful effort, but I finally got back a 'responsive' reply from DJI. The respondent "Noah Li" kept telling me that if I was getting a blinking red OAS light I should send in the aircraft. He - in four replies - kept ignoring the question, "what do the lights mean" and where can I find the documentation? Anyone interested in seeing the full thread, PM me and I'll send a copy! Otherwise here's his last reply. Of note... I'm not completely sure he is always responding to the question of the OAS light on the screen, the small hex shaped icon above the RTH icon. (PS-neither of the links provide any other info)

Struck thru so that no one is mislead...
"Noah (Support)
2021年2月19日 GMT+818:30
Dear Stu,

This what you need:
[Normal State]
Continuous flashing of red, green and yellow: system self check
Flashing yellow and green alternately: preheating
Slow green light: GPS positioning
Double flashing green light: positioning with visual system
Slow flashing yellow light: no GPS, no visual positioning

[Warning and Exception]
Flashing yellow light: remote control signal interruption
Slow flashing red light: low power alarm
Red light flash: serious low power alarm
Interval flashing of red light: uneven placement or excessive sensor error
Red light always on: serious error
Red and yellow lights flashing alternately: Compass data error, need calibration
Thank you for choosing DJI
Best Regards,
Noah Li
DJI Technical Support
Youtube:
http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

Last edited:
Reactions: eaglesurfing
Nice info but I love it when they cannot answer the original question.

Reactions: SkyPath Studios
Nice info but I love it when they cannot answer the original question.
Yeh... and no.. they still don't get the question. I recognized some of the description and compared it to a section of the User Guide... That info is for the aircraft status LEDs. DJI modified the wording slightly from the Guide, but it's obvious it could not pertain to the ICON in question. See EDIT in my original post #5.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada