DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 Settings for Lightroom

PhotoDB

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Loving my new Mavic Air 2. Wondering if anyone else has found the sweet spot for settings in Lightroom Classic to bring out the best in the 12 & 48 MP DNGs?

Reactions: tlswift58
Lost of Sweet spots with the Lightroom, learning how to use the Luminance, / Clarity and Shadows and you can get some spectacular results as I have posted all are work on our website.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the storm gallery.

Reactions: tlswift58
Loving my new Mavic Air 2. Wondering if anyone else has found the sweet spot for settings in Lightroom Classic to bring out the best in the 12 & 48 MP DNGs?
No real sweetspot per se. Why? Depends on what is in your pics / vids. That requires some playing around to get it to where YOU want it. I do waterfalls a lot and some of my buds do as well. Those post production to a really dark motif, which I don't. I like a more natural look, so the "dark" is not my cup of tea. It does have a purpose though; so YOU have to decide how far is enough in light or dark and other functions.

I do also find that using the "auto exposure / correct" function can really distort and change the pics details on some photos and do a good job of light changes on others. Most of my drone pics do well even checking out what LR does. If not to my liking - then hit reset and start over using the other functions to make the subtle changes. Most of my drone pics would be almost good enough to post straight away direct from the card on my Air2.

There are too many variables involved for any “sweet spot” to be defined. Even high end digital cameras end up needing specific Lightroom correction for the highest quality output. If you are serious about high image quality you should calibrate your monitor to a specific color space. Without all of that you can not be sure what you are posting/showing will be seen the same way on other devices.

I understand what you all are saying about exposure as the same applies to my Nikon DSLR's. I guess what I was wondering was whether anyone notices a certain sharpening, noise reduction, or similar setting that might always be needed?
I've been quite happy so far, although I've only done two flights, but here are some dawn/sunrise images I took for an article I'm writing.
211002-DJI-MA2-0580_AUR.jpg211002-DJI-MA2-0896_AUR.jpg211002-DJI-MA2-0614(0)_AUR.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun