DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MA2 vs hedges, my 1st crash.

Jeff6645

Reactions
Yesterday had a minor crash and scared the crap out of me. Was flying in a large open area with a hedgerow at the end. Showing off for my brother-in-law he asked how fast it would fly, so was flying in sports mode. Made several flights up and down the field and on what turned out to be the last flight, I was getting close to the end of the field my phone died... the couple of seconds I took my eyes off the drone to look at the phone and looked up it was too late I hit the bushes. In my panic, I forgot how to kill the motors. Only nicked a couple of blades pretty badly so I was really lucky. Thank goodness for the find my drone option, even though I knew about where it entered it would have been very hard to find in the thick hedges.

Replaced the blades and clean off the dirt and it seems to fly ok, does seem to fly a little slower going forward but probably just in my mind. I will fly it again today to test, should have almost no wind today.

My Lessons Larned:
  • Never fly with low batteries on the phone
  • Drone flying full speed will travel several feet after trying to stop it
  • Know how to do an emergency prop stop
  • Don't show out, especially with only a few hours of flight time under your belt
  • Know how to turn on the lost drone option, it's easy but in panic mode, it took me a minute.

Reactions: tlswift58

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karchuandiong