DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mac book

Ed H

Reactions
My old my book just took a ****. Looking to get a I pad air or mac book. I just use it out in the field to look at
where we were flying. The mac book was easy just put the SD card in it.I don't think they make anything like that anymore.So I am looking for something easy to use to show my videos out in the field. I am a mac person

The mac book was easy just put the SD card in it.I don't think they make anything like that anymore.
Apple is still making MacBooks. More details here:

It's back to school and there are deals to be had on Macbook computers. You can buy directly from Apple here: Education Pricing and Student Discounts

Or, you can shop at Amazon and Best Buy and I believe (but not certain) they are close to the same price, maybe not exact but they are on sale since it's promo season for everyone. Besides BF, this is probably the best time of the year.

It's back to school and there are deals to be had on Macbook computers. You can buy directly from Apple here: Education Pricing and Student Discounts

Or, you can shop at Amazon and Best Buy and I believe (but not certain) they are close to the same price, maybe not exact but they are on sale since it's promo season for everyone. Besides BF, this is probably the best time of the year.
I think Apple requires some proof of attending educational institutions or being connected for the educational prices. And they do do some checking according to their website.

Audit Rights​

Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to ensure that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should we discover that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:

• If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and
  • If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.

I think Apple requires some proof of attending educational institutions or being connected for the educational prices. And they do do some checking according to their website.

Audit Rights​

Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to ensure that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should we discover that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:

• If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and
  • If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.
No proof required, just order from their website and pickup at the store or have it shipped; been that way for years and it's actually the link Apple has been sending out to practically "everybody" this time of the year. They do have hard limits on how much you can buy but the edu discount is only about $100 and the summer promo is about $150 intended for student *and* anyone who might be buying something for a student. Kinda like the tax free weekends you find in some states for school products like computers and notebooks, etc but still open to *anyone* even if you aren't a resident of that state. Up to you but I see that Amazon and Best Buy deals are pretty much within the same price as Apple edu and since Apple products hardly go on sale, seems like they are sorta price matching best prices for now. Anyone can buy at BBY or AMZN. ymmv

The place my wife works has a bookstore that sells them at the educational prices Not sure how you actually make the purchase { proof of some kind?). Or maybe as said above they are Tax free? But if you know a student send them to the Bookstore on campus and have them buy it for you.

I bought a adapter for use with my sd card for my macbook, works great in the feild. My old mac book had a sd slot now they don't provide that.
Remember when you could load a disk or a floppy, lol.

Last edited:
The Macbook Pro has the SD Card slot. I have a M1 Pro from 2021 and it has the slot. I have a simple USB-C read reader that works with my iPad and my Samsung S22U

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n