DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

macic 2 problems

kkslss

Reactions
What are the problems people are experiencing with mavic 2?

mine are.
1) Side sensors lit red cand get turned on.
2) can't calibrate sensors in dji assistant.
3) incompatible software error on every startup.

Can't help with the error message...

The side sensors don't work in all modes. Try put the slide switch on the right side of the controller to 'Tripod Mode' (The T). They should work then.. The side sensors are also activated in some of the tracking modes.

Reactions: kkslss
I will take a pic of the error I get on startup when I get home.
It might say inconsistent software and something to do with versions not compatible.
this things been an out of the box nightmare.

as far as calibration of the sensors.
it's when I try to do the calibration in dji assistant.
it gives me the example screens 1 thru 3 then the button for start calibration is available.
when I press it it says reboot aircraft.

now on mac I can get to the calibration process and perform it but the error at the end says something about can't fine picture.

the reason for calibration attempts is it never shows side sensors being activated.
they are always red.

But as far as flying, it's a beautiful thing.
Flies awesome.

Can't help with the error message...

The side sensors don't work in all modes. Try put the slide switch on the right side of the controller to 'Tripod Mode' (The T). They should work then.. The side sensors are also activated in some of the tracking modes.
Thank you, I'll give it a try.
so far I've just flown in normal and sport.
I've only had 3 flights so far.
still figuring out its quirks

Have you ever calibrated sensors with any other DJI drone before with DJIA2?

By "incompatible software" you probably mean "inconsistent firmware." Is that correct? Or is it asking you to update firmware?

95% of people who bought their M2 are going to keep it. I hope you can get yours ironed out.

How do you like your new Mavic 2?
to your question about calibration of any other drone.
The answer is no.
I was guessing that it was possibly necessary being side sensors weren't working.
But if they aren't active in some modes then that's likely my issue.

With the headache I had initially updating this thing I was all messed up.

My mavic air setup flawlessly and never had any issues ever.

So I was surprised that the m2p was as difficult as it was.
I literally spent 3 hrs just trying to get initial updates installed.

Reactions: Jimmytpi
The software incompatibility error happened to me once and Assistant 2 for Mavic fixed it. I can't remember the exact screen that came up when it couldn't get the firmware version, but it referenced a problem with the aircraft and asked if it should fix it. Plug it into Assistant 2 for Mavic. After selecting the Mavic aircraft the Assistant will try to ascertain your firmware version. If it can't the Assistant will ask to fix the software incompatibility. If not, you could try downgrading to the previous firmware.

Reactions: Former Member
Thank you.
It pops up right where the app enters the aircraft.
then the message and a slider appears.
I'll go uninstall dji assistant and reinstall and try to refresh firmware.
So far other than quirks I love the machine.
Still some settings I need to tweak but that comes with time.

The software incompatibility error happened to me once and Assistant 2 for Mavic fixed it. I can't remember the exact screen that came up when it couldn't get the firmware version, but it referenced a problem with the aircraft and asked if it should fix it. Plug it into Assistant 2 for Mavic. After selecting the Mavic aircraft the Assistant will try to ascertain your firmware version. If it can't the Assistant will ask to fix the software incompatibility. If not, you could try downgrading to the previous firmware.
Tonight when I got the notice and swiped to update, it actually updated.
Go figure.
The software is buggy with this bird.
thanks for the input.
I've just about got bugs figured out.
except hdr not saving the original raws that's frustrating.

Reactions: Robert Granata
Tonight when I got the notice and swiped to update, it actually updated.
Go figure.
The software is buggy with this bird.
thanks for the input.
I've just about got bugs figured out.
except hdr not saving the original raws that's frustrating.
HDR is JPG only

Reactions: Elude
You were correct.
they work fine in tripod mode.
Thank you.
If you are looking for raw files for hdr, there is a bracketing option that saves raw files although it only allows .7 of a stop per bracket. Not very useful...

Hi all

I have a new MAVIC 2 Pro problem, it's likely me ...
The problem is in Active Track, I cannot see the sub menu for spotlight etc. I have used it previously but now I only see Trace mode on my screen with no other symbols such as the eye for spotlight.

Is there some kind of ruction mismanagement on my part eg another switch that should be on or off. I am using an ND filter/ UV but I have used this previously with Active Track. I have updated my GO4 app and am using a Crystal Sky monitor

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi