DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Madness, such a shame we don’t have RID here-yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twickers14

Reactions
I am hoping this Copy and Paste will work, apologies if it doesn’t. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read it! Such a reckless idiot and so glad no collision.

Near-miss drama at 10,000ft as BA jet avoids drone by just 5ft
The Mail

• Wow
Reactions: Rchawks
I am hoping this Copy and Paste will work, apologies if it doesn’t. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I read it! Such a reckless idiot and so glad no collision.
Perhaps it was a drone .... but it probably wasn't.
Remote ID wouldn't do anything to prevent such a thing and wouldn't help to track it down either, unless someone was using a device to receive RID transmissions somewhere nearby at the time.

Near-miss drama at 10,000ft as BA jet avoids drone by just 5ft
The Mail
Back in the 70's, airline pilots were reporting near misses and ghosting from cigar shaped metal tubes and shiny alien frisbees. On top of that, it's from The Mail, which is now one step above the Daily Star for accuracy and credibility. RID wouldn't contribute anything to situations like this, but an ADS-B transmitter fitted as factory standard might. ADS-B is the best idea to lurch out of DJI R&D in years, but not just a receiver, there needs to be a transmitter as well. All in favour of ADS-B as a two way safety device and it was one of the main reasons I looked so hard at the Air2S (before I discovered it was receiver only).
Tracking the position of the chump with the controller is an after-the-fact measure and is as much use as a chocolate teapot. Having a radio beacon warning commercial and light aircraft is a before-the-fact measure that can do something proactive... On top of that - it would also provide hard and accurate RECORDED data on the number of times a drone is flown in a manner that endangers other air traffic, instead of relying on one pilot saying to the other "Jesus! Did you see that!".

**corrected**

Last edited:
Reactions: twickers14
RID wouldn't contribute anything to situations like this, but an APAS transmitter fitted as factory standard might. APAS is the best idea to lurch out of DJI R&D in years, but not just a receiver, there needs to be a transmitter as well.
APAS is something else.
You are thinking of ADSB-out and putting that on drones would cause other issues.

how big was drone….can you see mavic 3(just example)if you are flying at 250mph….i want video,picture or i don’t believe it

Reactions: akdrone
There is another Thread on the same subject that was posted yesterday.

Several things beg questions about this entire story that make it very unbelievable. To list a couple:
1. The Airbus speed was 250 mph, yet saw a drone 5' above the wing.
2. Over 9.5k AGL. Since most, if not all DJI drones are hard set to 500 meters, it couldn't have been a non-modified DJI drone.

Since the other Thread was posted first, I'm closing this one. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Reactions: twickers14
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J