DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mag Interference

Rochie

Reactions
Only just got my Mavic 2 Pro and used it twice with no probs. Now it connects to the machine but comes up with "Mag Interference, check App". Exactly same place as previous site for take off and landing, my back yard. Nothing appears on my phone except for the general connection steps. Any ideas?

Only just got my Mavic 2 Pro and used it twice with no probs. Now it connects to the machine but comes up with "Mag Interference, check App". Exactly same place as previous site for take off and landing, my back yard. Nothing appears on my phone except for the general connection steps. Any ideas?
I have been surprised that there are a lot of magnetic forces underground. There are iron reinforcements called rebar under concrete sidewalks and roadways. Oftern, by just moving my drone 10 feet or so and doing a compass calibration I can get rid of the error message. Even being near metal, such as my car, or a metal pole nearby can elicit a magnetic error.

One shouldn't have to do a compass calibration if the issue was indeed being too close to ferrus material which is now resolved. You don't want to do a calibration while still under the influence of ferrus material. Doing so incorporates the interference as normal which will then be an inverse issue when you launch away from the interference.

Reactions: kidroc
I had mine for a few days. Just had to turn it on while outside, connect the contoller to wifi, let the drone track satellites and update. Did a compass calibration and all is good

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inou