DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic 2 pro battery not charging

Sterk

Reactions
My Mavic 2 Pro battery will not charge. I tried 2 different chargers and it’s a no go. Yesturday it showed one green and today it’s showing 1 flashing green. I have 3 batteries all purchased at the same time. I use all three and try to follow charging procedures but it’s odd this one has dropped down to one and will not charge up. Any info would be appreciated. It’s not like I fly the drone weekly but have not had any issues prior to this. Thanks

Sterk

Attachments

• 19B00D81-CF95-4827-AAAF-C161B164CA19.jpeg
    19B00D81-CF95-4827-AAAF-C161B164CA19.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 045F3E5A-4A79-480E-A63C-01C33BD2E668.jpeg
    045F3E5A-4A79-480E-A63C-01C33BD2E668.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 10
In April last year DJI released firmware 1.00.0770. One of the fixes was for an issue that sometimes prevents the battery from being charged when the battery level is low. If you have older firmware on your M2P maybe this could be the issue? Since DJI has acknowledged this issue, I would contact them and ask for replacement battery.

Is it showing any swelling and how old is it? Like @waynorth said, it might be a firmware issue but if not, it might be that it's just old and needs replacing. I wouldn't expect all to malfunction at the same time if it was an age issue so that could be an issue. However, it seems unlikely.

In April last year DJI released firmware 1.00.0770. One of the fixes was for an issue that sometimes prevents the battery from being charged when the battery level is low. If you have older firmware on your M2P maybe this could be the issue? Since DJI has acknowledged this issue, I would contact them and ask for replacement battery.
So how do I check or update battery firmware? Thanks for the info on the battery. I appreciate it.
Sterk
Is it showing any swelling and how old is it? Like @waynorth said, it might be a firmware issue but if not, it might be that it's just old and needs replacing. I wouldn't expect all to malfunction at the same time if it was an age issue so that could be an issue. However, it seems unlikely.

No Swelling at all. Now here is the weird thing I tried one more time to charge it and hooked it up it showed the one green circling to the second one like normal so I watched it and let it go and it charged up normally. Its marked so I will try it and see how it reacts and go from there. Yes it could be an age issue or lack of use issue. I have them numbered so I get them rotated and used if charged. Ok for now it seems to be solved but I will check up on the updated firmware.

Thanks to all for your responses.

Sterk

So how do I check or update battery firmware? Thanks for the info on the battery. I appreciate it.
Sterk
When you update firmware to 1.00.0770 the battery in the drone will also be updated. The other batteries will be updated when you insert them in the drone and power up. A message will appear on screen telling you that battery is being updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa