DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic 3 classic Remote id error using goggles 2

deinvb

Reactions
I just got a goggles 2 and am now getting a remote not found after installing firmware. I don’t know why this is happening with the goggles as I have no problem with this error message when using the RC controller.

I just got a goggles 2 and am now getting a remote not found after installing firmware. I don’t know why this is happening with the goggles as I have no problem with this error message when using the RC controller.
You'll probably need to make sure you update your Mavic 3 Classic with the latest sw. Goggles 2 does not have RID capabilities but your drone does.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but. The Goggles 2 needs GPS position, since there is an aspect to remote ID that needs the operator's position as well. To make it work you need to connect your phone to the goggles 2. If it is an iPhone for example, you need a lightning to USB-C cable. Connect the goggle and the phone and run the DJI Fly App. The error will go away. Not a great solution, but it was what worked in the long run. It prompted me to sell my Goggles 2 and get the Goggles Integra, which has internal GPS and solves that problem. I liked the Goggles 2 better, but the wires annoyed me.

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but. The Goggles 2 needs GPS position, since there is an aspect to remote ID that needs the operator's position as well. To make it work you need to connect your phone to the goggles 2. If it is an iPhone for example, you need a lightning to USB-C cable. Connect the goggle and the phone and run the DJI Fly App. The error will go away. Not a great solution, but it was what worked in the long run. It prompted me to sell my Goggles 2 and get the Goggles Integra, which has internal GPS and solves that problem. I liked the Goggles 2 better, but the wires annoyed me.
Yep and I think you need the OTG connector, too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman