DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic mini camera snatched out

Drowner

Reactions
ACtC-3eN60h9i8-JyQmq30bZdSxQ_3QHT4S67pvo9iHGwBdbisluJGgKEE74sjpDUTAr53z1zBulFPzI0_qMPosxiIMLQx7o281GJykgg_NYWCLUEHWmOZWLVGtBuq9FQj0kvPoJdRv4OzquOt8QJIlhM1Z_kw=w2573-h1930-no

I Lost connection while flying and later realized this was brutally pulled out from the drone by a bird or an animal. I want to repair this myself and have highlighted the broken parts. I would really appreciate advice on how I should approach this.

while flying
Must have been a bird of some kind since there aren’t a lot of animals with the ability to fly next to your drone and remove it‘s camera.
Some video from that incident would provide the answer, wouldn’t you think?

Must have been a bird of some kind since there aren’t a lot of animals with the ability to fly next to your drone and remove it‘s camera.
Some video from that incident would provide the answer, wouldn’t you think?
I checked the footage. It wasn't recording. I found the camera a foot apart from the rest of the drone. Hard to tell if it landed and some rabbit took it apart or a bird while it was in flight. It was at 80meters height near Yosemite park.

Do I have to replace the entire camera? Can I get away with just the wires and the frame?

Maybe it was the ranger. How close to the National Park were you?
Welcome to the forum!

It wasn't inside the park since it's not allowed. It was somewhere in Oakhurst.

You can replace the gimbal/camera assy yourself but it will require a calibration from DJI to obtain bubble level balancing and passing of the calibration. Weigh your costs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman