DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magic Water Crash

Skychs

Reactions
Well, it finally happened. I went out yesterday to have some fun. I got braver and braver until I flew the thing into the ground/water. I wanted to do a high speed pass down the river but forgot the faster this thing goes it looses altitude. Lesson learned.

It hit the water over 30mph and got wet. When I found it 10 min later the nose was in the water but the tail was sticking up in the air in some tall grass. It turns on, the props work and it will fly but I have 4-5 vision and gimble error messages.

There is a group down in GA for repairs. Can anyone recommend them? Anywhere else?

Here is the video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Path Finder
Hmmm.. I would say, fly closer to the water slower, speed up in post. Good luck with the repair.

Reactions: MrsTreat and ZUCSTA
@Skychs It sucks that you have to get it repaired, but you are one of a rare group of people that blame yourself for the "screw up" and not the drone or DJI. Hopefully all works out for you.

In this case it would be hard to deny it was my fault. As they say in the aviation world .... it was a controlled flight into terrain.

Thanks. I just filled out the repair form for Thunderdrone. My fingers are crossed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard