DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Magnetic Cable Help

nfarruggio

Reactions
Hello,

I recently purchased magnetic charging cables with adapters that remain in the various devices I charge. Because I have the adapter/plug in my phone which I use for flying my Mavic I would like to use a magnetic cable to connect my RC to my phone from the bottom USB port so I don't need to keep taking out the adapter/plug. The ones I purchased apparently do not transmit data over the cable (despite advertising that they do). Does anyone have any suggestions for a particular magnetic cable that would work for this?

-Nick

An alternative is a 90 degree cable at both ends - less magnetism around drones is better due to calibrating

Reactions: WAXMAN
I think your problem is because the cable does not have enough terminals/contacts.There are cables with only 3 contacts .. used for charging and there are some with 5 pins .. data as well.
First image shows 5 terminals and image 2 only has 3 terminals.

Attachments

• 2 (1).png
    2 (1).png
    305.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2 (2).png
    2 (2).png
    42.8 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: WAXMAN
I think your problem is because the cable does not have enough terminals/contacts.There are cables with only 3 contacts .. used for charging and there are some with 5 pins .. data as well.
First image shows 5 terminals and image 2 only has 3 terminals.
Hmm. The one's I own have 5 pins...

If you are flying a Mavic Air you have to remove the cable from the left side of the RC when using the USB port in the middle of the RC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xyggi