DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maiden Flight Mavic Air

Stevedevil

Reactions
Ok gang "It Arrived [email protected]"

So out of the box, batteries and controller on charge..

Read the Manuals, but as already sat the 30,000 you tube video's it seemed like an old friend already..

So out for a 30 Min walk to local grounds, where I sat and had a maiden flight..

Lesson 1 !! It don't like long grass

So cleared a bit took off and had a fly, quite nervous at first as goes a long way and if it suddenly ditched its a long walk finding it, but spun around a few times, wind above trees was strong so a couple of warnings there, so brought her back, manually and landed in hand :)

So then another go and took a video, need to set a few settings as harsh on the controls, so thats lesson no 2..

Wont allow me to upload a video, so photo will have to do...

Steve

Attachments

• DJI_0005.JPG
    DJI_0005.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: maveekay
Hard to believe something so compact can take images and video that good, and also fly so well.. amazing little piece of kit :)

Nice shot! I really like THESE landing gear extensions for longer grass. Fly safe and have fun!

Not sure of the advertising, but thanks for the genuine replies, its sure an amazing addition to the camera equipment, had another play with permission from neighbours and took some amazing aerial shots, love it so far :)

Attachments

• DJI_0015.JPG
    DJI_0015.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Not sure of the advertising, but thanks for the genuine replies, its sure an amazing addition to the camera equipment, had another play with permission from neighbours and took some amazing aerial shots, love it so far :)
I also made a landing pad that folds up using piano hinges and plywood, its a little bulkier than the foldable nylon round pads you see out there but it mashes the grass down nicely because of the weight. This is what it looks like:
518827412.jpg

Between that my landing gear extensions I can usually dodge the high grass:
pgytechma.jpg

Also practice hand-catching for worst case scenarios, just watch your fingers.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for these landing skids to be released for the M2P and M2Z, which they said they are are working on now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000