DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Makamah Nature Preserve, Long Island | MILES TO YOUR HEART | Project Arjun

projectarjun

Reactions

Filming Location: Makamah Nature Preserve, Fort Salonga, Town of Huntington, North Shore of Long Island, Suffolk County, New York, United States Track Title: Miles To Your Heart (Acoustic Mix) Artist: Sultan + Shepard, Rock Mafia, & Bahari Filming Date: Monday, December 24, 2021 | Project Arjun | FAA Part 107 Certified Follow Me on Instagram @ project_arjun

Comments: This nature preserve is lodged between a golf course and Crab Meadow Beach. It takes a while to trek to the edge of the nature preserve, but the walk is worth it. This vantage point is almost reminiscent to standing at the edge of a cliff. From the edge, you can see Crab Meadow Beach in the distance along with a row of beachfront properties. The Wetlands offer an awesome perspective of the water coming in from the Long Island Sound. Thanks to colder temperatures, some parts of the wetlands were frozen. Coming to the flight, to comply with VLOS requirements, the controls were pretty limited on this flight, but the scale and distance were breathtaking making the whole experience worth it. I also had to be very mindful with nearby trees. Flight was successful. I definitely encourage everyone to put themselves to the challenge in flying within dense tree populations.

Filming Location: Makamah Nature Preserve, Fort Salonga, Town of Huntington, North Shore of Long Island, Suffolk County, New York, United States Track Title: Miles To Your Heart (Acoustic Mix) Artist: Sultan + Shepard, Rock Mafia, & Bahari Filming Date: Monday, December 24, 2021 | Project Arjun | FAA Part 107 Certified Follow Me on Instagram @ project_arjun

Comments: This nature preserve is lodged between a golf course and Crab Meadow Beach. It takes a while to trek to the edge of the nature preserve, but the walk is worth it. This vantage point is almost reminiscent to standing at the edge of a cliff. From the edge, you can see Crab Meadow Beach in the distance along with a row of beachfront properties. The Wetlands offer an awesome perspective of the water coming in from the Long Island Sound. Thanks to colder temperatures, some parts of the wetlands were frozen. Coming to the flight, to comply with VLOS requirements, the controls were pretty limited on this flight, but the scale and distance were breathtaking making the whole experience worth it. I also had to be very mindful with nearby trees. Flight was successful. I definitely encourage everyone to put themselves to the challenge in flying within dense tree populations.
Woke up to your post/share. You Nailed it! (Fellow islander out east). Super choice of tunes. Merry Happy & Healthy 😷 Christmas. Godbless you. Droniac

Woke up to your post/share. You Nailed it! (Fellow islander out east). Super choice of tunes. Merry Happy & Healthy 😷 Christmas. Godbless you. Droniac
Thank you very much @Droniac I greatly appreciate your feedback. Merry Christmas to you as well :) Please stay safe and healthy

Arjun.....I know ou have quite a bit invested in your different drones...it has paid off...these videos are really good.....maybe being from LI also, I appreciate them more, but keep it up...can't wait to see more
Thank you @MARK (LI) I really do appreciate it and look forward to more flights in the area, 2022 will be great, Cheers

Great video, very well put together, will check out the park myself as it is very close to me, thanks for sharing.
Thank you for your feedback. The park is very easy to get lost in if you don't follow the trail signs. Its an adventure. I suggest following along the trail that runs parallel to the Golf Club / Country House. Google Maps definitely helps :D

Reactions: Droniac
I like it! Really scenic. Quite the contrast between the wooded area and the golf course. Brown vs Green. Ya made me grin though. "I just wanna be where you are" is the last line of the music as your drone is headed back toward you. Intentional or not, nice touch!!

I like it! Really scenic. Quite the contrast between the wooded area and the golf course. Brown vs Green. Ya made me grin though. "I just wanna be where you are" is the last line of the music as your drone is headed back toward you. Intentional or not, nice touch!! Definitely some elements from the music does complement the change in scenery throughout
Thanks @Prop Wash the way the lyrics complemented the change in scenery was definitely a coincidence especially at the end, however I did consider some lines from the lyrics while putting this video together

Last edited:
Reactions: Prop Wash
Thanks @Prop Wash the way the lyrics complemented the change in scenery was definitely a coincidence especially at the end, however I did consider some lines from the lyrics while putting this video together
@PropWash
@Prop Wash doesn’t miss a thing. I watched it and listened at the end. Unconsciously cool. 🤷🏻 👍🏻

• Love
Reactions: projectarjun
@projectarjun, Very nicely done - the flying and the editing. Don't you love it when a Great Egret obligingly flies in to add some extra pizazz to your scene? (0:18)

I appreciate the descriptive and background information you provided. It's frustrating when someone posts a video described only as "Big Falls" and I don't even know what country I'm looking at."

It looks like That marsh was subjected to straight-line "ditching" like many of our marshes here on the Gulf Coast. I understand that many were done by CCC personnel during the Great Depression. The thought was that allowing more saltwater into the marsh would kill mosquitos. Hah.

• Love
@projectarjun, Very nicely done - the flying and the editing. Don't you love it when a Great Egret obligingly flies in to add some extra pizazz to your scene? (0:18)

I appreciate the descriptive and background information you provided. It's frustrating when someone posts a video described only as "Big Falls" and I don't even know what country I'm looking at."

It looks like That marsh was subjected to straight-line "ditching" like many of our marshes here on the Gulf Coast. I understand that many were done by CCC personnel during the Great Depression. The thought was that allowing more saltwater into the marsh would kill mosquitos. Hah.
Thank you for your feedback, I greatly appreciate your kind words. I find it interesting that some marshes were manmade. The idea of depositing saltwater in the area to mitigate mosquitos seems to be a valid idea, seeing that Long Island is plagued by mosquitos in the warm and humid summer months 🤣

I've encountered many bird species while filming with the drones; many have come in frame at the right time; really captures the dynamic nature of how everything communicates with one another in many shapes and forms :D

Thank you for your feedback, I greatly appreciate your kind words. I find it interesting that some marshes were manmade. The idea of depositing saltwater in the area to mitigate mosquitos seems to be a valid idea, seeing that Long Island is plagued by mosquitos in the warm and humid summer months 🤣

I've encountered many bird species while filming with the drones; many have come in frame at the right time; really captures the dynamic nature of how everything communicates with one another in many shapes and forms :D
You're welcome. I enjoyed the video. I think those mosquito ditches just caused the species of mosquitos living there to change. There are some species that do well in brackish water. I run into them almost every time I fish the marshes here. The gnats are an even bigger problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405