DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Making M2P Travel Case

Bobby Brown

Reactions
Hey guys just a little FYI

I buy my cases online at EBay the large 28” long one runs $99 with foam

You can outline Drone the pluck out precut squares or use cutter. I’ve included pictures of low cost foam cutter I use. I actually have multiple cases. I also spray the foam outside of the Case with Plasti Dip for a smooth texture that won’t pill or tear!

797b7352b59be7e21a90c8f2971a4ba8.jpg
248f758d46550368640777c7c6a6e28c.jpg

Reactions: Porky and Thomas B
let's see some pictures of the case :)

Nice one bobby, would love to see some footage from that drone;)

+1 for the Apache 3800 at HF, inexpensive $30, sturdy, easy to cut its foam.
I am more of a function before style guy. I have everything I need to fly.
DJI goggles always come with me in a backpack.

case1.jpg
case2.jpg

Or you could buy the one like I did on ebay for $30 and already have all the cavities cut out from very dense foam, for the Mavic 2 including spaces for three batteries, so total of four spaces if you keep on on the drone. It is light weight, made of waterproof fabric, they say and comfortable to wear as a backpack or carry with the handle at the top. Have not found a better value for function, style and weight.

But be sure you choose the Mavic 2 Pro. I had one for my Mavic pro and sold it with the drone, so ordered another. In my haste I clicked the Mavic Pro again, so had to reorder for the Mavic 2 Pro. Anyone want to buy this case for a Mavic Pro, send me a private message, it is still in the box.

Attachments

• INSIDE CASE.jpg
    INSIDE CASE.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 21
  • CASE.jpg
    CASE.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Pontoon-pilot
Yes, that is a nice soft case. It would be ideal if the need to carry it as a backpack, such as hiking or biking.
The only thing I see with your case is that it may not have the dept. With the apache the drone and remote are below the top layer of foam (the case has 3 layers). For some it may not matter, I am planning to embed the ipad into the top lid as a semi-permanent display, maybe using magnets or velcro.
I am kind of drawn to the hard case.

Yes, that is a nice soft case. It would be ideal if the need to carry it as a backpack, such as hiking or biking.
The only thing I see with your case is that it may not have the dept. With the apache the drone and remote are below the top layer of foam (the case has 3 layers). For some it may not matter, I am planning to embed the ipad into the top lid as a semi-permanent display, maybe using magnets or velcro.
I am kind of drawn to the hard case.

Mine shown in the photo, has a hard shell top and it is bowed up. sort of domed. I keep an ipad in the top hard shell cover section, that you see in the photo and I keep a phone in the zippered pocket shown. It keeps it above the rotors but you could always lay a piece of foam over the drone too, or keep the props off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM