DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual Camera Controls - Am I Missing Something?

photogsy

Reactions
Hi guys
Just been trawling through the DJI Go app trying to find a setting I've missed but haven't succeeded so far...

So, I have the camera in Manual mode and I'm able to control the aperture with the right wheel on the controller.

Short of going into the camera settings and swiping about on screen, how do I adjust the shutter? Surely there's a way to configure buttons on the controller to adjust shutter speed, eg 5D button??

Hopefully I've missed something here, but if not it seems like a bit of an oversight!

Reactions: Eat More Possum
So, I have the camera in Manual mode and I'm able to control the aperture with the right wheel on the controller.
Short of going into the camera settings and swiping about on screen, how do I adjust the shutter?
The right wheel does more than control the aperture.
Try pushing it in to swap between fields.
When you have the desired field highlighted, you can adjust it by turning the thumbwheel.

EV != Shutter Speed

If you have EV up and down on there as well as AE/AELock you could probably accomplish this thought.

Set your aperture, then adjust EV to get your desired shutter speed then just AELock. It should also lock your ISO though. Still not exactly what you're asking for.

I noticed that today in manual. Aperture on the right dial but shutter needed a menu to adjust. Wasnt slick. Im hoping you can map it to the 5D left/right or similar.

Then again, for video you're probably better off using the new Shutter Priority (S) mode instead.

EV != Shutter Speed
EV = Exposure Value
On the Mavic the EV adjustment is the Exposure Compensation adjustment which allows you to over or under expose from what the metering system sets.If you were using aperture priority, it would adjust by changing shutter speed.
Use Shutter priority and it adjusts the aperture.

Reactions: Cslucas34
The right wheel does more than control the aperture.
Try pushing it in to swap between fields.
When you have the desired field highlighted, you can adjust it by turning the thumbwheel

Hmm, I don't think my right thumb wheel pushes in, will have another look but I'm sure I tried that.

You can control the EV via 5D button, I have that set on my controller no problem.
Not what I'm asking, EV has no effect in manual mode.

Reactions: Trees138
Hmm, I don't think my right thumb wheel pushes in, will have another look but I'm sure I tried that.
I don't have a Mavic 2 yet to check and the manual is sparse on detail.
Here's all it says:
Controlling the Camera
Use the Aperture/Shutter Adjustment Dial to adjust the aperture and shutter parameters (Mavic 2 Pro only).
Use the Record button to start/stop recording.
Use the Focus/Shutter button to auto focus and take photos.
Use the Zoom Adjustment Dial to zoom in/out (Mavic 2 Zoom only)
The way it works on the Phantom is the thumbwheel is a click switch as well as a selector wheel.

Reactions: rfc
Funny I basically asked the same question in another thread on this forum a few minutes ago. I have map the shutter speed to the little stick on the bottom right corner of the remote screen but you need to remove you have from the right stick to change the shutter now. Also there is no click on the wheel to change to cycle between iso, shutter speed and fstop. I think on the Mavic Pro you could click on the screen to set what the wheel will activate. Anyway I hope this will be fixed soon.

Stéphane
From Above

Reactions: Dmbrody
Funny I basically asked the same question in another thread on this forum a few minutes ago. I have map the shutter speed to the little stick on the bottom right corner of the remote screen but you need to remove you have from the right stick to change the shutter now. Also there is no click on the wheel to change to cycle between iso, shutter speed and fstop. I think on the Mavic Pro you could click on the screen to set what the wheel will activate. Anyway I hope this will be fixed soon.

Stéphane
From Above

Hi Stéphane, I couldn't see how to map the shutter speed to the 5D control - I only have the option to map EV+ and EV- to those buttons. That's just exposure compensation, which will only work with Aperture or Shutter priority.

Ive just played with there isnt a way that i can see. The right wheel doesnt depress.

You can map aperture to the 5D (and its on the wheel) but not shutter.

A nice DJI fix for this would be to allow shutter mapped to the 5D instead of aperture. Then you could do both.

Reactions: 5000msl
Hi Stéphane, I couldn't see how to map the shutter speed to the 5D control - I only have the option to map EV+ and EV- to those buttons. That's just exposure compensation, which will only work with Aperture or Shutter priority.

Wrong....In Manual Mode, if you map EV to your 5D it changes the Shutter Speed....thats what im using!

Reactions: inkytog

Not what I'm asking, EV has no effect in manual mode.

When you go to configure your 5D button you can select it to change your EV and that will change your shutter speed in manual mode, I did on my and it works, push up and it goes faster and down goes slower, left and right then I change the aperture.

Reactions: JoostGT3
When you go to configure your 5D button you can select it to change your EV and that will change your shutter speed in manual mode, I did on my and it works, push up and it goes faster and down goes slower, left and right then I change the aperture.

Thanks Titano - can you confirm that you are in 'M' mode, not 'S', 'A' or 'Auto'?
I tried this in 'M' mode and it just adjusts the EV value up and down, but the shutter speed doesn't change.

I played on the ground and it can map to EV. Moving it didnt seem to change shutter speed. Admittedly not in the air but nothing happened on the table.

Reactions: photogsy
I played on the ground and it can map to EV. Moving it didnt seem to change shutter speed. Admittedly not in the air but nothing happened on the table.

Yeah same here - I'm sure being in the air wouldn't make any difference.

In Manual mode if you set the 5D to EV+ and EV- it’s basicly just changing the shutter speed

Thanks Titano - can you confirm that you are in 'M' mode, not 'S', 'A' or 'Auto'?
I tried this in 'M' mode and it just adjusts the EV value up and down, but the shutter speed doesn't change.

Yep, I am, here are the images of where to configure and the camera settings. I think they consider the Exposure Value as the same as the Shutter Speed.
image1.png image2.png

Reactions: Robert Granata
Thanks, that's what I have configured as well, but it didn't seem to be working like that for me.
Incidentally, I'm on Android, although not sure that would make a difference...

Thanks, that's what I have configured as well, but it didn't seem to be working like that for me.
Incidentally, I'm on Android, although not sure that would make a difference...

Try to reset the camera settings and then change it again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk