DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual Camera Controls - Am I Missing Something?

Wrong....In Manual Mode, if you map EV to your 5D it changes the Shutter Speed....thats what im using!
Confirmed - I have the 5D control set as follows..
L- aperture open
R- aperture closed
UP- EV (but really means shutter speed higher)
Down- EV down (but really means shutter speed lower)

Reactions: MOONPIE82
Does nothing except beep in manual mode for me. Just tried it over 3 full flights. Even changed mapping from left/right to up/down to check.

Same with the zoom in manual, there is no way to change the shutter speed via a physical button on Android it seems. It just beeps and does nothing. Hopefully they will fix it in the next update.
They also removed the awesome C2 iso/shutterspeed option in the menu which really sucks.

Personally I'm waiting for Litchi to update. Gives more hotkey options.

Confirmed - I have the 5D control set as follows..
L- aperture open
R- aperture closed
UP- EV (but really means shutter speed higher)
Down- EV down (but really means shutter speed lower)

This maybe an android v ios bug/feature.

A lot of us have tried and EV simply does nothing except beep.

I'm thinking this may not be an iOS/Android thing as I too cannot get the 5D to change SS (old, iOS guy). :)

As mentioned in the thread, I also have the 5D set as follows:

Up/Dn = Dec Ap/Inc Ap
L/R = Inc EV/Dec EV

My Results:

Manual Mode
Dial = Ap
5D = Ap

Aperture Mode
Dial = Ap
5D = Ap

Shutter Speed Mode
Dial = SS
5D = Nada other than beeps

I for one would certainly like to have the capability described by others so I hope this can be resolved.

Reactions: SkyMovie
Has there been any fix for this for Android yet does anyone know? I am having the same issue in that on Android (Pixel 2) when I use 5D it does nothing. This is really annoying as the video shows that on IOS this is possible.

I know this is an older thread but here is my experience. I was able to change the ss via the default 5d mapping of +/- EV when in full manual mode. All was grand. Reset my pixel 3 and had to reinstall dji go 4. Guess what? Yeah, now it won't change SS via the 5D in full manual mode anymore. Not a fan of this and its a major problem on a device that is marketed as a photography platform. Meh. Guess I will cope and deal until the next version of Go comes out. I really don't want to switch to my tiny iPhone SE just to get the SS via 5D.

Has anyone discovered anything that changes this? It's so frustrating to know that it can work and now just doesn't.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes