DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Manual dolly zoom and quickshots

slayer35

Reactions
Hello there, first of all I have no experince in drones and I want to buy mavic 2 zoom.I have some questions about mavic 2 zoom.
1-) I know quickshot dollyzoom are only 1080p ,but I want to ask is it too hard to do dollyzoom manually in 4k?
2-) are all quickshots are 1080P ?

any help is appreciated thanks,have nice day.

Looks like it's not stuck with 1080P

Edit; How difficult is down to your level of skill with the sticks & controls
You can easily (very little to no flight experience) do manual dolly zoom in any of the vid resolution settings. Only 1080p 30fps will give you 96mm max range of zoom. With all other resolutions you will be limited to 48mm max range of zoom.

Funny how the critics chime in after the initial post wasn't answered 'for like days'
You can do anything without experience but how well the result ends up is like I said.

Funny how the critics chime in after the initial post wasn't answered 'for like days'
You can do anything without experience but how well the result ends up is like I said.
I wasn't replying as critic. I didn't even read your post. I was replying to the initial post question.

Thanks for that!
I have yet to find the start button.
Thought my new zoom wouldn't be that much different to the old MP!
Now, where's the sarcastic switch on this keyboard?

Thanks for that!
I have yet to find the start button.
Thought my new zoom wouldn't be that much different to the old MP!
Now, where's the sarcastic switch on this keyboard?
You did not in any way help the OP. Your answer was "depends" . Because I answered the question for the OP with "it's easy" you got your panties in a wad. Don't be so sensitive. I want even talking to you.

That's the last time I answer a nooby question
We are all here to help and get help. I apologize I have offended you. Please accept my apology. It was not my intent. There will always be differing opinions. Don't sip helping. That's what makes this site so great. Have a great day.

Reactions: SpinItUp
I unintentionally did dolly zoom when I tried Tapfly Free, spun around so that I was flying backwards, focused on a subject, then zoomed in as I was flying away. The difficulty was negotiating the gimbal pitch and zoom, and having to correct yaw a bit.

Reactions: SpinItUp
thank you for all of you :) .
@SpinItUp yes ,your link seems some shots are 2.7K. But I wish there is 4K .
@ScottM2Zoom1 yes I know I can do dolly zoom in any resolution. I can do it in premiere but I wish to do it with real zoom lens (like mavic 2zoom) and 4K .
@DanMan32 can dji software save custom profile (such as custom gimbal pitch and zoom speed ,etc? Ready to do dolly zoom manually in the field , by just selecting that custom profile .

Not sure what you mean "custom profile" I always record 1080p 30fps.

I was using Tapfly-free which is basically autopilot with freedom to yaw to pan view without changing flight heading. You point on the screen to change heading. Just be sure not to point below the horizon or fly too long if you do, as doing so has it descend as it flies forward.

As was stated, you only get 2x optical zoom. To get the additional 2x, must be at or below 1080p 30fps.

Not sure what you mean "custom profile" I always record 1080p 30fps.

I was using Tapfly-free which is basically autopilot with freedom to yaw to pan view without changing flight heading. You point on the screen to change heading. Just be sure not to point below the horizon or fly too long if you do, as doing so has it descend as it flies forward.

As was stated, you only get 2x optical zoom. To get the additional 2x, must be at or below 1080p 30fps.
Yes I'm aware of that ,dolly zoom will be only 2x zoom with 4k.
I mean you set gimbal properties, zoom speed ,drone speed etc and save it as a custom profile and When you select that profile ,all properties are set and ready so you dont waste time to configure drone and gimbal properties again and again.
I never used a drone but I'm using gimbal

Yes I'm aware of that ,dolly zoom will be only 2x zoom with 4k.
I mean you set gimbal properties, zoom speed ,drone speed etc and save it as a custom profile and When you select that profile ,all properties are set and ready so you dont waste time to configure drone and gimbal properties again and again.
I never used a drone but I'm using gimbal
Gimbal, zoom, and yaw
are progressive controls. There is no need to ever change any of those settings. Don't limit yourself with special settings. Learn to use those progressive controls within the capacity and limitations of the camera.....or you will forever be trying to figure crap out on the spot in every slightly different situation.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Gimbal, zoom, and yaw
are progressive controls. There is no need to ever change any of those settings. Don't limit yourself with special settings. Learn to use those progressive controls within the capacity and limitations of the camera.....or you will forever be trying to figure crap out on the spot in every slightly different situation.
Yes you are right ,I totally agree. But sometimes I become lazy to configure all stuffs in the field ,so that would be nice to have custom profiles.

No profiles luxury with Mavic
Too bad for dji ,it is a easy thing for software .

That is just an example, if you can get 2.7k I'm pretty sure it'll do 4K
It will! Exactly! That's what the OP wanted.
You just answered his question.
Shoot in 4K 30fps and do the dolly zoom manually, using the 2x optical zoom, as you fly away, and zoom in proportionately to keep yourself the same size in the frame. QED. Thumbswayup

Reactions: GrigoriosT
Custom profiles for most settings does not exist but would be highly beneficial, especially for firmware/app upgrades.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird