DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Manual RTH - Stick EMI2" Help!!

Gsxr150

Reactions
I keep getting this error on my controller and afraid to fly! What is this??

Reactions: DanTV
Hi Gsxr150,

Something with Electro Magnetic Interferance (EMI) on the sticks of the controller.

Unless there is a SW issue do you have anything near the controller that could be generating a EMI field? Never seen this one before, on any quad. I know the sticks are magnetic so something is interfering with them, have you tried re-calibrating them? not sure that would help but would eliminate one possible issue.

You got an Apple Watch or anything.

Any metal near the RC ?

How does the stick centre points look on the calibration screen ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Guys, it was something to do with the controller. It was showing 8% down without my touching it. Did a recalibration and it flew fine. I did however have a battery error and then my screen on my cell phone stop showing the display. Thank God it was nearby or I would have lost it.

I just had the same messages on the controller, yesterday. This mornig i had a chat with DJI Service. They say i should calibrate the IMU. So iv'e done this. Everything is fine now :).

OMG! What is it with DJI Support and calibrating the IMU. This should be the last resort! I bet the error you were getting had nothing to do with the IMU, simply that you changed location or there was something influencing the posts on the controller previously.

Not sure if you know much about the IMU but hopefully you calibrated it after getting the Mavic as cold as possible and doing the calibration as quickly as possible after powering it on. If not then this can drastically effect the IMU startup time once the outside temperature changes and I mean going from a 10 second initialization all the way up to waiting 2+ minutes for it to be able to fly.

OMG! What is it with DJI Support and calibrating the IMU. This should be the last resort! I bet the error you were getting had nothing to do with the IMU, simply that you changed location or there was something influencing the posts on the controller previously.

Not sure if you know much about the IMU but hopefully you calibrated it after getting the Mavic as cold as possible and doing the calibration as quickly as possible after powering it on. If not then this can drastically effect the IMU startup time once the outside temperature changes and I mean going from a 10 second initialization all the way up to waiting 2+ minutes for it to be able to fly.
I agree @chippie seems DJI support has a checklist and 'Calibrate the IMU' is on the top of the list, it's the first thing the say for any issue, and should be the last.

I just had the same messages on the controller, yesterday. This mornig i had a chat with DJI Service. They say i should calibrate the IMU. So iv'e done this. Everything is fine now :).

Im also having the same issue and its driving me nuts.
So i just recieved my Mavic Pro last week and ive taken it out a few times now. And each time and each different location i get this same message on my controller. " stick emi2 manual rth" Yes everything is on the latest update and firmware.
Ive seen that others have recalibrated the IMU (as adviced by DJI) and it went away for them.
Ive also tried this but still having the issue.
Also re calibrated my sticks...I feel like ive done everything but it wont seem to go away. It doesnt seem to effect how it flies and handles but its just bloody annoying as i know it shouldnt be there.
Any ideas?

You can see the annimated GIF of my controller here on my twitter: Dan Martland on Twitter

Im also having the same issue and its driving me nuts.
So i just recieved my Mavic Pro last week and ive taken it out a few times now. And each time and each different location i get this same message on my controller. " stick emi2 manual rth" Yes everything is on the latest update and firmware.
Ive seen that others have recalibrated the IMU (as adviced by DJI) and it went away for them.
Ive also tried this but still having the issue.
Also re calibrated my sticks...I feel like ive done everything but it wont seem to go away. It doesnt seem to effect how it flies and handles but its just bloody annoying as i know it shouldnt be there.
Any ideas?

You can see the annimated GIF of my controller here on my twitter: Dan Martland on Twitter
Dan, if you are not wearing an Apple Watch or similar, magnetic bracelet/ring or have bionic implants (lol) then I would contact support and go through an RMA. Tell them you have carried out a re-calibration on everything.

Oh, what device are you using, may be worth trying to move the device as far away from the controller as possible just in case it may be causing the issue. Best of luck mate!

Dan, if you are not wearing an Apple Watch or similar, magnetic bracelet/ring or have bionic implants (lol) then I would contact support and go through an RMA. Tell them you have carried out a re-calibration on everything.

Oh, what device are you using, may be worth trying to move the device as far away from the controller as possible just in case it may be causing the issue. Best of luck mate!

I own an Iwatch yes...but wasn't wearing it on any of the flights. I literally had nothing else which could be causing any interference... unless theres something inside my iPhone 7.
So annoying as i really don't want to have to send it back as I've waited so long for it to arrive.

I actually went flying with a friend who also has the same set up...Went through all the menus etc and we matched it up in every sense. And obviously his doesn't show this issue. He even took my controller and walked away from me so i know its nothing on my person to give the interference. Thanks for your help anyway.

Bummer! If he is close by and is happy to do it then pair his controller with your Mavic and vice versa, see with which one the issue stays. I am pretty sure it is simply the controller but this will give you a definite answer so you only have to send the controller back at least...

Just to add I do not know what implications swapping remotes will have on flight records etc. but as it is only a test you should be absolutely fine unless others have a different opinion.

Bummer! If he is close by and is happy to do it then pair his controller with your Mavic and vice versa, see with which one the issue stays. I am pretty sure it is simply the controller but this will give you a definite answer so you only have to send the controller back at least...

Just to add I do not know what implications swapping remotes will have on flight records etc. but as it is only a test you should be absolutely fine unless others have a different opinion.

Good idea! Might give that a go

I had this issue 3 times so far. It's been odd. If i go to stick recal. it shows nothing is wrong but if I go ahead and do the recalibration, the error goes away. Seems odd. No magnetic interference outside. Thought maybe the sticks might be getting pressed in the fly more bag since it's a tight fit. Will see if I can find a common link to it happening when it happens the next time.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

this error shows up each time the controller is cold after I power it up and connect to the mavic. I just ignore and problem goes away.

Reactions: garorica
Yes, happens to me as well, but I havent try the RTH buttons if its really works or manual RTH is needed

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones