DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map blocks yellow zone on Smart Controller

PauAntich

Reactions
Hello everyone, I have a problem with SC, the map blocks the yellow zone and it cannot be removed. It is apparently a minor problem, but it makes it difficult to see the map due to the yellow coating. DJI support has been telling me for months that an upcoming update will fix it ...

Is there any way to fix this problem? (I've already tried to ignore) I attach application update data and flight bases
Screenshot_20200716-152428.pngsin nombre.png

The map does not work well, it is not able to load the satellite view either.

IMG_2457.JPG

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018-134258.png
    Screenshot_20201018-134258.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20201018-134642.png
    Screenshot_20201018-134642.png
    446.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have a problem with SC, the map blocks the yellow zone and it cannot be removed. It is apparently a minor problem, but it makes it difficult to see the map due to the yellow coating. DJI support has been telling me for months that an upcoming update will fix it ...

Is there any way to fix this problem? (I've already tried to ignore) I attach application update data and flight bases
View attachment 115343View attachment 115351

The map does not work well, it is not able to load the satellite view either.

View attachment 115362
Hi Pau
This may be a temporary notam. There are several notam's in that area. You can go here Link to see the maps. Use the layers feature to check uncheck airspace. Takes a bit for the map to load. Clicking on an area will give you start time and end times for the notam's.

Hi Pau
This may be a temporary notam. There are several notam's in that area. You can go here Link to see the maps. Use the layers feature to check uncheck airspace. Takes a bit for the map to load. Clicking on an area will give you start time and end times for the notam's.
I don't think he understood. This is not a Notam or anything like that. It is only the map that does not allow to visualize the zones correctly, continuously keeping the yellow zone blocked.

I don't think he understood
Yes Pau,
I think maybe the ships passed in the night without seeing each other.
On my smart controller I cannot remove the highlighted areas even by choosing ignore. I live near such a zone and would not want to ignore it. However you can download an offline map and at least on my sc the warning areas do not show up as long as your not connected to the internet after you download.

This is not a Notam or anything like that
Have you taken a look at the link I posted above, lots of info, kind of like the U.S. uas facility maps.

screenshot.jpg

Yes Pau,
I think maybe the ships passed in the night without seeing each other.
On my smart controller I cannot remove the highlighted areas even by choosing ignore. I live near such a zone and would not want to ignore it. However you can download an offline map and at least on my sc the warning areas do not show up as long as your not connected to the internet after you download.

Have you taken a look at the link I posted above, lots of info, kind of like the U.S. uas facility maps.

View attachment 115464
The DJI yellow zones are not prohibited, they are only informative. The area that you indicate on the ENAIRE map is well known to me and my intention is not to fly in it (the area that I indicate is outside).
I just want to remove the yellow zone so I can see the map, that's all. So do not worry. Thank you

The DJI yellow zones are not prohibited, they are only informative. The area that you indicate on the ENAIRE map is well known to me and my intention is not to fly in it (the area that I indicate is outside).
I just want to remove the yellow zone so I can see the map, that's all. So do not worry. Thank you

The short answer is No Way at present. I deal with the same thing and it is a bit of a pain. The only caveat is the map is zoomable so then reading is much easier.

The short answer is No Way at present. I deal with the same thing and it is a bit of a pain. The only caveat is the map is zoomable so then reading is much easier.
It is quite a shame that this happens in a proprietary controller, I do not have these problems on iPhone / iPad with Go4 / GSPro with maps. Thanks!!

It is quite a shame that this happens in a proprietary controller, I do not have these problems on iPhone / iPad with Go4 / GSPro with maps

Are you saying that the yellow isn't there on your iPad with Go4? As it is with mine, it just isn't as pronounced.

Are you saying that the yellow isn't there on your iPad with Go4? As it is with mine, it just isn't as pronounced.
here I show you in DJI Go 4 and GSPro. The clean maps without zones in the two APP (also with the maps in satellite view)WhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 22.52.23.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-20 at 22.59.23.jpeg

Response from DJI Support today:

Please accept my sincere apology for this hassle caused.

Sorry, after confirming with the technical department, the new version of the app has not been released yet. We expect to release the new version of the app at the end of November, then you can fly your aircraft normally. Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark