DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Map mode issue

Eagle430

Reactions
I own a Mavic 2 pro for the last year with out any problems.

Today I was in a new place , a venue in a small hill and I try to fly my drone. When I turned it on it needed a compass calibration , then I got the message "calibrated ", gps mode etc. And I took off, I flew the drone at a distance and then tried to switch to the map mode as the drone was a bit far away. To my surprise all I could see was a black screen, no home point set, no drone symbol or any green lines showing where the drone Is, everything was black . The camera view mode was working fine . For my good luck I had enough battery and with a bit of trial and error I managed to bring back my drone and land it safely. I thought it was an issue -bug of something not working during startup-conection. I waited for 40 minutes,put a fresh battery on the drone , turned everything on again..GPS mode/ready to fly and I took off again .. I looked at my tablet monitor and exactly the same issue was there, on the map mode no home point no drone symbol etc. All I could see was a black screen...the live view /camera view was working fine, I even took a few photos to test it and it was working fine. I don't know why I got this black screen on the map view, I flew my drone with the tablet am always flying it with. It was a very scary experience, I am not sure even if the return to home function could have worked as an emergency ,lucky for me I learned to fly manualy and probably this saved me today.
Any suggestions / help why I got this issue today?
P.s. the drone was responding fine on my inputs

Which tablet is it. And to your knowledge, has it been updated recently?

If it were me and nothing else worked, I would try uninstalling DJI Go 4 and reinstalling it. NOTE: If your flight records / logs are important, you might want to back those up first (uninstalling an app on some OSs remove all of the data).

Chris

Which tablet is it. And to your knowledge, has it been updated recently?

If it were me and nothing else worked, I would try uninstalling DJI Go 4 and reinstalling it. NOTE: If your flight records / logs are important, you might want to back those up first (uninstalling an app on some OSs remove all of the data).

Chris
Tablet is Lenovo tab m8, recently I had an issue with my tablet and done a factory reset, then installed all the apps again, including dji Go 4. Since then I had 4 flights with my drone with out any issues..the dji Go 4 asked me if I wanted to update the flying zones but I ignored it ,could that be the problem?

I don't see how the zone db update would make a difference. I'm at a loss. I guess I would try a new Tablet update/reinstall.

Do you have a cellular signal going to your tablet?.... if not the maps have to update while you are where you can get a wifi signal and won't show up unless you download them ahead of time.

Do you have a cellular signal going to your tablet?.... if not the maps have to update while you are where you can get a wifi signal and won't show up unless you download them ahead of time.

Yeah, but you should still see a blank map with home point and the green line from home point. The map view is still useful that way even with no maps downloaded at all. I take it the OP is seeing nothing but a black screen (as he states).

Yeah, but you should still see a blank map with home point and the green line from home point. The map view is still useful that way even with no maps downloaded at all. I take it the OP is seeing nothing but a black screen (as he states).
Yes you are correct, I couldn't see any home point or green lines or the drone symbol. It was all black, even though the controller was at "gps mode"

Update: there was an update for the flying zones that I have ignored. Today I have updated the flying zones database and everything restored to normal. My home point/ drone symbol etc. all work fine now , am very happy it was sovled

Reactions: Saladshooter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wendystroper