DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping with Zoom 2

DHDrone

Reactions
Hi all,

I've read in the forum that drone deploy is free to use for flight planning and image capture? when I go to create an account it signs me up for a trial of the Pro plan. Am I right to think that the flight planning and image capture features will remain once the trial is over?

I have software already for processing the images into orthomosaics and digital elevation models so I only need to use the app for capturing images automatically. Alternatively, Does anyone use any other app for this that works with the mavic 2 zoom and is free?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I've read in the forum that drone deploy is free to use for flight planning and image capture? when I go to create an account it signs me up for a trial of the Pro plan. Am I right to think that the flight planning and image capture features will remain once the trial is over?

I have software already for processing the images into orthomosaics and digital elevation models so I only need to use the app for capturing images automatically. Alternatively, Does anyone use any other app for this that works with the mavic 2 zoom and is free?

Thanks!
I use the DJI Pilot PE app with my M2 Zoom & Smart Controller. It’s easy to use and gathers shots in auto-map mode.

I don’t use drone deploy. I created a trial account also and didn’t like that I may have to pay as much as it costs. So I opted out, offloaded the app and haven’t looked at the app or the account since.

Try starting with maps made easy lite. It may have enough in the free version for you to get by, but you can pick and choose options (from $1.99-$19.99, or buy the intermediate or pro package). If you’re looking and testing the software and equipment it’s free to try. You may be able to use lite version and the add ons you require really cheap, or you can just buy the full pro package for a fraction of the price of drone deploy. I don’t know if it works for air2 but I bought the full version for using with my mp2 and it was 40 something USD. It makes a really good product. Just make sure you run go4 or fly (whatever air uses) in the background, so your data is recorded in the .csv file. When I use it with Trimble gps, and ground targets I can get a result of HD:0.02 VD:0.04 for the CAD friendly mosaics after the OPUS adjustment.

Smart controller is overrated in my humble opinion. I use my iphone and bring a laptop since everything is autonomous. Drawing the flight plan parameters on google earth and importing a .kml file makes everything so easy. If you have to make corridor photos, you can plan everything on the maps website and bring the files into the phone app. Pix4d is good for post processing but I usually just send the data out for post processing.

I use the DJI Pilot PE app with my M2 Zoom & Smart Controller. It’s easy to use and gathers shots in auto-map mode.
What is the DJI Pilot PE app and where can it be found? I looked in both the Android play store and the Apple store and couldn't find it. All I could find is DJI Pilot. Thanks.

Hi all,

Am I right to think that the flight planning and image capture features will remain once the trial is over?
Does anyone use any other app for this that works with the mavic 2 zoom and is free?
Yes .. DroneDeploy is completely free to use for planning, flying and image acquisition for mapping missions.
You only pay if you upload the images to them for their processing.
I think some of the other mapping apps work the same way.
The Zoom is on their list of supported drones.

You may have difficulty though loading 3rd party apps to the Smart Controller but a gently used regular controller can be picked up on ebay etc. if needed.

Reactions: Flightpro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots