DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mapping

Ok thanks.

What do you think, will this do for mapping, if I get rid of the s-turns?
Would it be a good idea to turn the gimbal sideways to cover more area, like left, down, right, forward. Or is it a bad idea?
Whether the flight has wiggly turns or not shouldn't make much difference for mapping.
After importing the images into Metashape, the first step is to align the images and the program easily deals with images which have a different alignment than most, due to wind or cornering.
The reason to fly in straight rows is to ensure even coverage of the site.

You need to go past the area of interest to ensure that the area you are interested in is covered by fully overlapping images.
The outer area where there is no overlap will often look wonky.

But giving an extra set of obliques across the site will help show the detail in vertical surfaces and to get the roofs properly joining the walls.

If I may introduce another question.
I am starting to look into this, and I want to try WEBODM. Actually, I want to try LIVEODM, which (they claim) can run from a USB stick. However, when I go to GITHUB and try to install the software so it can create an ISO file to burn into another USB, it tells me it can't find XORRISO, which seems to be an apt that creates the ISO.
Anybody else has had this issue? (Or knows what I am talking about, since I may not be explaining myself well). If so, were you able to solve it and create the ISO file?
I am only beginning and want to create a small 10-20 jpeg's image, since I can tell from the above that the navigation part makes anything over that basically impossible.
(Drone: Mini. Just to make it more difficult)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54