DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marco Polo placement on Air

Former Member

Reactions
Posting this for a member:

I recently purchased a Marco Polo RC tracker for my Mavic Pro, Mavic2 Zoom and Mavic Air.... and my beagle when I’m bunny hunting.... lol
I attached the lightweight tag to the side of the Pro and Zoom but the Mavic Air has less options for placement. I’m looking at the top ahead off the rear propellers and behind the front.... it will not contact any moving parts. It will be fixed to the drone with 10lb rated Scotch outdoor hook and loop fastener that locks when wet or dirty.... extremely strong.
My question is..... where the heck is the GPS sensor on the Mavic Air and is the location I want to place the tracking tag going to affect any electronics on the drone? I have stared at this bird for a while now trying to figure a better spot but slightly towards the back and centred seems to be the best location.
Thanks in advance for any input or recommendations

Here is where I mounted mine and have no issues with GPS. It does give a notice of heavy payload with the leg extenders and prop guards on but flew great.20190212_141942.jpeg20190212_142025.jpeg

Reactions: Jamie Preston
GPS is near the rear, obviously on the top, of the Mavic Air. Here is a visual:

035129dmy8umsuv8sksysk.jpg

dji-mavic-air-teardown-vision-mainboard.jpg

Reactions: Jamie Preston
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members