DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Marking Drone?

Reactions
I fly a miniSE. I fly over 250g, so I got my FAA registration number.

How do you all mark your drone with your number? I made a label with a label maker, but I’m not sure that’s the best.

Anyone use a Sharpie or get one of those $15 official-looking stickers? Are there rules for marking drones?

How do you all mark your drone with your number? I made a label with a label maker, but I’m not sure that’s the best.

Anyone use a Sharpie or get one of those $15 official-looking stickers? Are there rules for marking drones?
I use a label maker. I purchased some cool ones from decal girl once with a skin that looked cool but that drone ended up getting replaced and the decals were not usable any more since the new drone needed a new registration.

I just labeled mine with labels made on a Brother P Touch. I also put my phone number on the top of it and labeled my batteries.

Reactions: maelstrom

Pilot institute will send you stickers for free

I just use labels I made on a Brother label maker. I use black on white label cartridge, but you can also get black on clear which I think would look pretty good. Don't forget your phone number or something like that in case you lose it, and someone recovers it. I even put "Reward if found" on mine, but that's up to you. I just think it would give folks an incentive to reach out to you if found. I wouldn't do the sharpie thing in case you want to sell it at some point, or pass it on to a son/daughter.

Another option: Print the label on a laser printer, cut it out, and stick it to the drone with a good transparent tape that extends beyond the edges of the label.

I made a label with a label maker, then discovered that the exterior of my M3P is textured and the label won't stick. So I marked it with a sharpie. Worked just as well, but not as pretty.

What I like about reclaimdrone.com is that when you order and register on the site the information is kept and you can decide how you want the finder how to contact you. They are also very very cheap. One sticker will have your phone number, another will have your FAA info on it and another will say if you find this go to reclaimdrone.com basically. So whoever finds your drone can contact you multiple ways. I've also got some from pilotinstitute which are also very professional and free but don't have the options like reclaimdrone.com.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98