DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maroon Bells, Colorado

Fuzzman18

Reactions
Hi, has anybody flown around the Maroon Lake area? It shows that it is Ok to fly there on AirMap, however, I haven't found any info specifically prohibiting it.

Yeah, the mountains may block any drone access unless somehow able to do a drone flight via map. I'm not that confident. Do you have a source for the "no drones" rule?

If it’s a wilderness area then for sure no drones. National forest should be ok unless a new ruling has come down. National parks of course are no go.
Paul C

Yup, what Paul said . . . googling wilderness info yielded me a nice interactive map of all wilderness areas of the whole country beyond, it has been very useful for me since I do all kinds of mountaineering and take the drone when possible . . . .

Hi, has anybody flown around the Maroon Lake area? It shows that it is Ok to fly there on AirMap, however, I haven't found any info specifically prohibiting it.
Other posters are one the right track. I was there last fall and the notice board in the parking lot makes it pretty clear!

DSCF7421.JPG

35474CA5-D63D-4953-8DF5-9B2E83DFB369.jpeg
September 2020 No Drones. But it’s a great hike! Did it yesterday! You need a reservation for park entrance.

I feel a bit deflated for you Fuzzman (18 you wish LOL) and co.
We face the same issues down under with National Parks ...and what's as bad "No Dogs Allowed".
Hope you find a place as beautiful soon.
Safe flying ...from Down Under

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS