DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAS props and hover drift

Gil57usa

Reactions
I installed a set of MAS props and set the gain to the manufacturer's specs. Now when I launch and hover, it wants to drift left. I'm sure a simple adjustment will fix it. I just don't know what adjustment to make.
Anyone?

I would have thought the AC would automatically compensate for the drift to keep the AC hovering in place.
The fact it drifts means that the propellers are so much out of alignment, that the AC can't compensate.
Have you turned off the downward vision sensors ?
Why did you replace the original blades ?

I installed a set of MAS props and set the gain to the manufacturer's specs. Now when I launch and hover, it wants to drift left. I'm sure a simple adjustment will fix it. I just don't know what adjustment to make.
Anyone?
Try setting the gain back to default.

I would have thought the AC would automatically compensate for the drift to keep the AC hovering in place.
The fact it drifts means that the propellers are so much out of alignment, that the AC can't compensate.
Have you turned off the downward vision sensors ?
Why did you replace the original blades ?
The MAS props are quieter and supposedly more efficient. I wanted to try them.

if it was up to me. I would recalibrate Imu and compass and maybe even controller. I put MAS on and set as instructed and never had a problem. Just maybe something else upset air.

The MAS props are quieter and supposedly more efficient. I wanted to try them.
I bought the MAS props in light blue for my M2P. They look good and are just a little less noisy than the OEM. Still can't see a performance difference.

I appreciate the responses. I flew the drone last night and it performed properly with no drift. I have good weather predicted for the weekend so I will fly it as much as possible and re-evaluate.

I appreciate the responses. I flew the drone last night and it performed properly with no drift. I have good weather predicted for the weekend so I will fly it as much as possible and re-evaluate.

Were you trying to fly it indoors when it drifted ?
Without GPS it would have gone into atti mode and without enough light the downwards vision sensors would not have been able to hold it in place

Were you trying to fly it indoors when it drifted ?
Without GPS it would have gone into atti mode and without enough light the downwards vision sensors would not have been able to hold it in place
It was outside. You do make a good point though. It was getting fairly dark outside at the time.

Props shouldn’t impact hover location if GPS is active. Note that the GPS position accuracy spec is +- 16 ft, 95% of the time. Therefore the drone will drift around in that circle. Generally the GPS accuracy gets you within 5 ft or so, but the spec is the spec.

Vision position sensing will do much better if you have enough light, have well defined features on the ground below, and are within the range that the downward sens

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661