DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Massive TFR over the Southeast? [FDC 1/0213 FIREFIGHTING]

TnDronePilot

Reactions
What is this about? Thanksgiving grounding? "No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described)."

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    420.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 51
What is this about? Thanksgiving grounding? "No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described)."
What app is the map on the left from? It does not match with the Gadsden TFR that is only a 5 mile radius around the fire.

Last edited:
Massive???
TFR info clearly states 5 mile radius.
Look, I'm not trying to make a big deal over this but Inside the B4UFLY app, I can't get any LAANC authorizations in my area and I live 200 miles Northeast of Gadsen. I'm just stating what the app is providing.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-22 082629.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-11-22 082629.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7
It's an error in whatever app you are using. This is what it looks like in reality:

IMG_EAE39DD97A9C-1.jpeg

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Vast overreach with a TFR into East TN and even into Western NC for a fire in N. AL.

Vast overreach with a TFR into East TN and even into Western NC for a fire in N. AL.
Too bad FlightRadar24 doesn't show the skies cleared of any planes under 4500 AGL. That would be an interesting discussion. Is it the FAA that creates TFRs? I guess someone at B4UFLY just transposed some bad lats and longs.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I also can't see past the paywall but that was the only source mentioning anything about this when I posted it.
I understand! I just get tired of those types of articles. They make their money on advertising. I can understand limiting to 1 article a day using cookies. If you reject the cookie you don’t read the article.

And the Aloft app showing the same massive area.
B4UFly is now corrected. Not sure about Aloft, but the TFR is incorrect. It deals with a much smaller area. You can ignore that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geser