DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master air screw for mini

Murdoch

Reactions
Has anyone heard on any info if they plan on releasing props for the original mini? I have emailed them directly only to not get a response. Anyone have the inside scoop?

What's wrong with the stock props?

I thought this was a friendly community? Never mind my question. Sorry for asking.
My impressions are that this is a great community, I am new here also, I think the "buy American" was just a little bit of a joke that was mis-interpreted....Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question, but I can tell you that as of late there have been questions about the QC of the props by MAS, there has also been talk that it has improved, but to what degree I am not sure.

I am on the fence with a set of MAS for my Mini2, only for aesthetic reasons mind you, I want the red ones, but I would rather they be solid red and not have the white in them.

Not a very helpful reply for the OG question, but I hope it was helpful over all

McG

As a data point, last week I spent time seeing how long each of my batteries would last in a hover situation. So since I had the data for the stock propellers, today I installed my MAS propellers and did the same test.

MAS says their propellers provide longer flight times.
Simply swap the props of your Mavic Air 2 and within seconds you get up to 8% more flight time

So here is what I just found (used the same battery):

DJI Propellers (12.756v at 4 seconds - the drone is just coming off the ground)
Log Duration: 29m 16s (time in the air and on the ground)
Air Duration: 29m 12s (time in the air only)

Master Air Screw Propellers (12.797v at 4 seconds)
Log Duration: 27m 34s (time in the air and on the ground)
Air Duration: 27m 30s (time in the air only)

You can do the math ...

ps: The MAS props are definitely easier on the ears inside my garage.

As a data point, last week I spent time seeing how long each of my batteries would last in a hover situation. So since I had the data for the stock propellers, today I installed my MAS propellers and did the same test.

MAS says their propellers provide longer flight times.

So here is what I just found (used the same battery):

DJI Propellers (12.756v at 4 seconds - the drone is just coming off the ground)
Log Duration: 29m 16s (time in the air and on the ground)
Air Duration: 29m 12s (time in the air only)

Master Air Screw Propellers (12.797v at 4 seconds)
Log Duration: 27m 34s (time in the air and on the ground)
Air Duration: 27m 30s (time in the air only)

You can do the math ...

ps: The MAS props are definitely easier on the ears inside my garage.
Not what at all is claimed....I was never going to but them for longer flight time, just the color....but I will not buy them for a performance hit

McG

It's only one data point - maybe I got a bad set of props - but I'm not impressed.

Reactions: McGanksta
It's only one data point - maybe I got a bad set of props - but I'm not impressed.
I have been using their Mavic 2 props for a year, and they are definitely quieter, with maybe a minute more of flight time. Looks like their MA2 design is not as efficient. Each new prop design may or may not live up to their objective. My biggest complaint is their props are much more fragile than the stock Mavic 2 props, sharper, and are more likely to shatter and suffer significant damage in any impact, while the DJI props are much more durable during tree trimming! The DJI props are more likely to survive a minor collision and still make it home.

Last edited:
I have been using their Mavic 2 props for a year, and they are definitely quieter, with maybe a minute more of flight time. Looks like their Mini 2 design is not as efficient. Each new prop design may or may not live up to their objective. My biggest complaint is their props are much more fragile than the stock Mavic 2 props, sharper, and are more likely to shatter and suffer significant damage in any impact, while the DJI props are much more durable during tree trimming! The DJI props are more likely to survive a minor collision and still make it home.
Maybe I wasn't clear or missed saying: I fly a Mavic Air 2.

MAS props are great, they sound slightly different, but most importantly RPMs are lower and my MM2 flies each and every time further that on stock props. I have done dozen long distnace tests/flights and on average I get 600m longer distance. That is huge, for jusr few bucks extra.

MAS props are great, they sound slightly different, but most importantly RPMs are lower and my MM2 flies each and every time further that on stock props. I have done dozen long distnace tests/flights and on average I get 600m longer distance. That is huge, for jusr few bucks extra.
So first understand that I am really new, and maybe just maybe I tend to over research stuff, and then get dates and time a bit confused or jumbled.

The noise and improved performance are not as big of a selling point for me, as long as it does not push my Mini2 in the wrong direction. I had read in a few places that maybe the quality of the prop took a hit for a while, and while negative press is easy to find, it has been harder to find recent adopters or better yet, pilots that have flown different generations of the prop coming online saying that quality has returned, or maybe never left.

In the end, I just want them because they are Red....I wish the Mini2 props were solid red, but that is just my insanity.

Thanks
McG

Reactions: TRogan42
So first understand that I am really new, and maybe just maybe I tend to over research stuff, and then get dates and time a bit confused or jumbled.

The noise and improved performance are not as big of a selling point for me, as long as it does not push my Mini2 in the wrong direction. I had read in a few places that maybe the quality of the prop took a hit for a while, and while negative press is easy to find, it has been harder to find recent adopters or better yet, pilots that have flown different generations of the prop coming online saying that quality has returned, or maybe never left.

In the end, I just want them because they are Red....I wish the Mini2 props were solid red, but that is just my insanity.

Thanks
McG

I do not feel quality ever left, in last 12 months I got 4 sets of props from MAS and they are all great (different drones props). The bigger the drone the more power improvment/savings.

If it comes to MM2 red props... color wise they are realy not vivid red as on thieir site not even close, I was suprised red is more tonned down and dark red not glowing red.

its very close to Sangria color from sample above.

Also, I want to add, that after looking closer, then emailing MAS, what I thought was a white stripe in the mini 2 props is just a lighting artifact,or glare, the props for the Mini 2 are a solid color.

However, if the red is muted, if i order, i will go with black

Thanks for your input, it is helping me make an informed decision

McG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wendystroper