DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Props and DJI Care Coverage Question

I would bet on it, if you returned it to them with the Master Airscrews on it. If you return it with the original props, I doubt they'd be able to hang it on you.

Under US warranty law, in general, if the consumer modifies a product, the manufacturer can only deny warranty coverage if is can be shown that the malfunction was the direct result of the modification.

Whether China honors that...

I'm considering getting the new Master Airscrew Props for my MA2. I noticed in the MA2 User Manual (page 24) it states "Only use official DJI propellers."

Does anyone know if using third party props will impact or void my DJI Care Refresh coverage?
Care refresh isn't a warranty...and it from all extents and purposes covers anything for any reason....as long as you have the drone back to send to them. And if you have that just take the darn things off if worried about it ;)

I'm considering getting the new Master Airscrew Props for my MA2.
A little OT here but do be aware.
Now I just decided to give a set a try on a M2P and am very
impressed with them So far. Maybe 10 batterys worth of them on and are ?? They were so much quieter it surprised me.

Obviously you can always put DJI props on when you return it.

However, If it was the prop that failed. Then you are in trouble. A DJI prop fails no worries. A Master Airscrew Prop? a good question for Master airscrew?
Again if it was a warranty issue then I would agree...but he is talking about care refresh...that is just a insurance policy. As long as DJI have the drone and or the pieces, care refresh covers it...they don't care if you had it for a hour and charged batteries and flew it into a busload of Chinese tourists...it's covered...less deductable. ;)

Reactions: dawgpilot
A little OT here but do be aware.
Now I just decided to give a set a try on a M2P and am very
impressed with them So far. Maybe 10 batterys worth of them on and are ?? They were so much quieter it surprised me.
I have had them on my M2Z as well for over 2 months, zero issues and I love the darn things...but as linked the MA2 ones seem to have some bad reports.

If its the Prop that fails , it makes no difference the claim is going to be denied.
In general if you send it in for a broken gimbal with Third Party props it will not be denied .

Screenshot 01-05-2021 22.13.31.jpg

If you do a search for DJI denies warranty you find most are pilot error and Prop Failures.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on water.

Reactions: eaglesurfing
Again if it was a warranty issue then I would agree...but he is talking about care refresh...that is just a insurance policy. As long as DJI have the drone and or the pieces, care refresh covers it...they don't care if you had it for a hour and charged batteries and flew it into a busload of Chinese tourists...it's covered...less deductable. ;)

I don't think you are correct, see terms of service (Photo)

DJI Care refresh.png

That is used for Interpretation but that does not mean that is how DJI handles the issues.

Prop Failures are almost always Denied by DJI do to Pilot Error.

We have sent in the drone with the Master Screw Props and nothing said about it.
the Drone was replaced and as mentioned in another post they returned the SD card and the Props .

Its just mean that they have a lot of rights but does not mean that they punish you unless it is directly related to the incident.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

That is used for Interpretation but that does not mean that is how DJI handles the issues.

Prop Failures are almost always Denied by DJI do to Pilot Error.

We have sent in the drone with the Master Screw Props and nothing said about it.
the Drone was replaced and as mentioned in another post they returned the SD card and the Props .

Its just mean that they have a lot of rights but does not mean that they punish you unless it is directly related to the incident.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.
I concur, I have never seen a post about a claim for refresh denied if the drone was sent in, but again if you have the drone...then just take all props off..it's not even a real question to be honest if one thinks about it. :) For a warranty DJI will check logs...ect...For refresh...NADA.

Reactions: dawgpilot
As long as it isn't deliberate damage, refresh is honored.
They honored replacement of my M2Z when I inadvertently backed over it in its FM case. They even replaced the remote for a cost of a $2 antenna.

The funny thing about it, despite me telling them what happened, they still evaluated and said not covered under warranty. I didn't go the express route as it was early in the refresh period and if the repair cost wasn't that much more, I'd pay for the repair.

You are so wrong. If you've got Refresh coverage, you'd better read the long list of conditions the came with the "certificate"! As mentioned elsewhere, there are exclusions and DJI -as part of the Refresh process- will require, ACQuire, flight logs which will have many flight characteristics. When they spot the differing prop speeds (or whatever measure of resistance/non-resistance exists) of the fake brand, you may be denied.

You are so wrong. If you've got Refresh coverage, you'd better read the long list of conditions the came with the "certificate"! As mentioned elsewhere, there are exclusions and DJI -as part of the Refresh process- will require, ACQuire, flight logs which will have many flight characteristics. When they spot the differing prop speeds (or whatever measure of resistance/non-resistance exists) of the fake brand, you may be denied.
DJI could deny refresh, but I haven't heard anyone get scrutinized let alone denied.
Now if you claimed that in a fit of rage and frustration you took a hammer to it, then they likely will deny your claim.

Their evaluation process is to save you a refresh and money in case the issue is covered under warranty, or the repair cost is less than the replacement deductible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone