DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew props - Stealth (Low noise)

Reactions
Picked up a set of the Master Airscrew Stealth props for my Mavic Pro to try.

I was surprised to notice the different noise level, especially when hovering and moving slowly.

Top speed was also increased, not sure how much exactly, but it flew a mission in shorter time than usual and landed with 4% more battery.

The local vendor had a sale on the Master Airscrew props for "old Mavics" so I grabbed several sets and types for my Mavic Pro, as well as for my M2P and M2Z.

Anyone else tried these props and care to share their experiences?

Last edited:
Reactions: Felix le Chat
Reactions: VikingwithDrones

I was surprised to notice the different noise level, especially when hovering and moving slowly.

Top speed was also increased, not sure how much exactly, but it flew a mission in shorter time than usual and landed with 4% more battery.

The local vendor had a sale on the Master Airscrew props for "old Mavics" so I grabbed several sets and types for my Mavic Pro, as well as for my M2P and M2Z.

Been using MAS props on both my Mavic 2's for over 3 years now, STEALTH on the Pro: ENDURE on the Zoom. Larger surface area of the blades does give better lift at slightly lower revs, I've also noticed that at higher altitudes (up a mountain near the summit) the motors don't strain as much to keep the drone airborne.

The only minor annoyance might be that all four rotors need to be physically spread to the fully open position before spinning the motors up. MAS joints are stiff, if you rely on centrifugal force to flip 'em open: you'll put a lot of strain on the motors.

Personally: I prefer them to the DJI props.

I've been using MAS props on my M2Z for several years. I haven't noticed much difference, maybe slightly quieter do to a different tone. I love the colors though, especially orange.

Purchased sets for my Air 3. They are great. Nothing scientific just seem to sound better.

I know people that use the Master Airscrews when they have to fly around alot of branches. The Master Airscrew props are very brittle and they will break before pulling your drone into the tree. A very good feature of the Master Airscrews No-one mentions.
Your props are mostly all made to break upon impact as to not mess up the motor, but once broken hopefully you can land before it crashes ? I also fly Yuneec drones which can still fly with 5 props should one go down

Been using MAS props on both my Mavic 2's for over 3 years now, STEALTH on the Pro: ENDURE on the Zoom. Larger surface area of the blades does give better lift at slightly lower revs, I've also noticed that at higher altitudes (up a mountain near the summit) the motors don't strain as much to keep the drone airborne.

The only minor annoyance might be that all four rotors need to be physically spread to the fully open position before spinning the motors up. MAS joints are stiff, if you rely on centrifugal force to flip 'em open: you'll put a lot of strain on the motors.

Personally: I prefer them to the DJI props.

How are you detecting reduced motor strain at higher altitudes with the new props? Anything quantitative?

The tone of the motors is lower in pitch and the housings aren't hotter. Scientific tools used:
a) the mark #1 earhole.
b) the mark #1 fingertips.

I used my Mark 1 Earhole for synchronizing the airflow in the two SU carburetors in my first car, an Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite. And I still rely on the Mark 1 Forefinger for gross checks of wheel bearing hub temperatures.

I understand the MAS props are larger and pitched higher and let the motors run at lower rpms. But is motor "strain" an issue? Just offhand, I don't think I've ever heard of a motor failure from fatigue or wear.

I used my Mark 1 Earhole for synchronizing the airflow in the two SU carburetors in my first car, an Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite. And I still rely on the Mark 1 Forefinger for gross checks of wheel bearing hub temperatures.

I understand the MAS props are larger and pitched higher and let the motors run at lower rpms. But is motor "strain" an issue? Just offhand, I don't think I've ever heard of a motor failure from fatigue or wear.
The way I figure it: it's a long-game kind of thing.... A motor that runs at slower revs to produce the same amount of power lasts longer. And the Austin-Healey was an awesome choice for a first car.... proper little classic cracker. My old man used to be able to get the timing pretty much bang-on (by ear) before getting the strobe out to double check, he passed his love of PROPER cars (any having grease and oil ground into the fingertips) on to me.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad