DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew Stealth props for Mavic 2 now available

I was torn between blue and white . . . blue won.
Will be interesting to see how they compare, looking forward to reviews.

Please expound upon the short lifespan...
I've been using MAS 'Stealth' prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum for a couple of years now. They are made from Glass-fibre composite (yes - to our USA friends, that's the proper way to spell fibre ? ). I have found them to be much stronger than the DJI plastic stock items, which means that when they hit a small branch, they tend to 'chew' through it with a bit of damage to the leading edges, but still flyable. The same sort of encounter with DJI 8331 props will tend to 'tear' the plastic and make the prop pretty much unusable from that point on. The build quality and comparative strength of the MAS prop's just put them in a different class - which is why I regard them as an upgrade - rather than a replacement.

I've been using MAS 'Stealth' prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum for a couple of years now. They are made from Glass-fibre composite (yes - to our USA friends, that's the proper way to spell fibre ? ). I have found them to be much stronger than the DJI plastic stock items, which means that when they hit a small branch, they tend to 'chew' through it with a bit of damage to the leading edges, but still flyable. The same sort of encounter with DJI 8331 props will tend to 'tear' the plastic and make the prop pretty much unusable from that point on. The build quality and comparative strength of the MAS prop's just put them in a different class - which is why I regard them as an upgrade - rather than a replacement.
Thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to seeing whether the 5% increase in flight time is realistic. Sure could use it!

Just an update to this thread: My props arrived, haven’t had a chance to fly with them yet but a couple observations.

The dimensions are listed on the props as 89x49. Stock M2 props are 87x43. Those are length x pitch. This means the MAS M2 props are noticeably longer (not great for my M1 experiment) and have a pretty decent increase in pitch.

Notably the MAS props for M2 seem to be almost the exact same width as the stock M2 props (this is notable because the MAS props for M1 are significantly wider than the stock MPP low noise props.)

Also notable the winglets are significantly more pronounced on the MAS M2 props than the stock M2 props. They are thin at the tips but since they are more flexible they don’t feel like they are going to break off like on the stock M2 props.

Just an update to this thread: My props arrived, haven’t had a chance to fly with them yet but a couple observations.

The dimensions are listed on the props as 89x49. Stock M2 props are 87x43. Those are length x pitch. This means the MAS M2 props are noticeably longer (not great for my M1 experiment) and have a pretty decent increase in pitch.

Notably the MAS props for M2 seem to be almost the exact same width as the stock M2 props (this is notable because the MAS props for M1 are significantly wider than the stock MPP low noise props.)

Also notable the winglets are significantly more pronounced on the MAS M2 props than the stock M2 props. They are thin at the tips but since they are more flexible they don’t feel like they are going to break off like on the stock M2 props.
Mine arrived as well. Got a chance to fly with them yesterday in 13 mph winds. The flight time was about 30 seconds longer than a comparable flight on the same battery with 8mph winds 5 days earlier, to the same remaining battery percentage from a full charge, on stock props. From my experience, the higher winds typically knock off about a minute of flight time, so the advertised 90 second gain in flight time appears promising. Pitch is much lower, which is always a good thing. Liking them so far! They are a little stiff on opening up, so I manually opened them fully before flight from their folded position. They fold up properly on the aircraft for transport, just like the stock props.

I still really like the DJI low noise props. They are very quiet and low vibration. If you are flying through tight openings strength could be an issue if you clip a branch.

I ordered a set for my M2P and they arrived within 2-3 days, tried them out last weekend comparing the original and new Master Airscrew set. Master Airscrew are definitely quieter, reduced RPM and less vibration.

I’m impressed with the Master Airscrew, definitely going to order another set for backup. They are staying on not going back to stock unless I have too.

Ordered 2 sets last week for the wife and I finally got to use them today 40 degress wind was blowing 6 miles and they failed took off to let it hover and shook like they were not balanced the wifes mavic pro 2 did the same we put the DJI props back on and no problems know is there a way to balance these props.

Reactions: syzygos7
Ordered 2 sets last week for the wife and I finally got to use them today 40 degress wind was blowing 6 miles and they failed took off to let it hover and shook like they were not balanced the wifes mavic pro 2 did the same we put the DJI props back on and no problems know is there a way to balance these props.
That is odd. Could be a bad batch. Have you contacted Master Airscrew yet? I'm sure they would want to know, and would happily replace them.

I bought the orange master air screw one and did a test couple days ago the performed very good no Vibration, yesterday I flew for about 15 min an on landing I saw that the mavic 2 Zoom was vibrating a lot .... I have to say that is was cold, minus 12 degrees C. have to test them again

Reactions: syzygos7
Good news got an email back ther sending me new ones to replace the old ones fingers are crossed they work

Do the MAS props make the already quieter MPPlatinum props any more quieter than they already are?

Hopefully you’ve received an answer from another source or have tried for yourself. I have tried the MPP props (OEM 8331) on my MP, and they are much quieter. Now when I tried the MAS props, they didn’t really seem quieter than the MPP props.

’Hope that helps!

Hopefully you’ve received an answer from another source or have tried for yourself. I have tried the MPP props (OEM 8331) on my MP, and they are much quieter. Now when I tried the MAS props, they didn’t really seem quieter than the MPP props.
’Hope that helps!
One thing you might notice is the rpm difference between the DJI props and the MAS set. The Master Airscrew props fly a lower rpm to do the same work as the DJI stock. While the actual noise pressure may be only 1 or 2 dB lower with MAS, the lower rpm takes some of the 'buzz' off the higher pitch end, and makes the drone less 'intrusive'. It's the lower frequency of the noise that I have found to be the most 'useful' feature of the MAS prop's.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143