DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew

Bo3waas

Reactions
Hello

Did anyone used dji mavic air stealth upgrade propellers from master airscrew?
Are they safe to use?
Because I saw some videos in YouTube, and when they install them mavic air keeps moving around a lot when hovering like it is unstable.

I bought a set weeks ago, but I don't get to fly very much. But I DID finally get a chance to fly with them last week, and WOW, they really ARE much quieter than the stock props.

I didn't get any motor current issues, though my flight was in 19mph winds. My Mavic Air flew effortlessly, quietly, and without incident.

I will buy more MAS props soon ... I am a happy camper.

Reactions: SixStringer1000
I have been using the MAS stealth props on my MA and I love them! They are much quieter with a much less annoying sound pitch than the original props. There are a few gain settings that MAS recommends be lowered in the Go 4 app for optimum performance and to prevent motor current errors popping up on the app during aggressive flight in sport mode. After my first flight with the new MAS stealth props, I ordered a spare set, as I do not intend to use the stock DJI props again.

Bought a set a couple of weeks back, noy used much but when I have they've been fine. Definitely quieter and flow in a fair wind in sport mode and no major issues re gain. Can someone please remind me how to adjust gain...and what does it do? Cheers.

Personally I keep both with me and switch, using the MAS props most of the time (having reduced the gain setting to 80%) but revert to the DJI props when flying in significant wind (putting the gain back to 100%) to avoid the motor current error warnings. To be honest I am not sure this is very logical - if the motor current error is due to the increased efficiency and has no implications for engine life as MAS have claimed then its probably pointless but I hate seeing those errors continually popping up on my screen while I am flying. On a windy day the noise of the DJI props is less of an issue anyway.

Cheers

Paul

They are now permanently on my Air. I do believe they are quieter due to the pitch being different. Still not what i’d call stealth but much better. They arrived to me about 4 days after ordering ( I live in NZ). Good customer service and reasonably priced.
Haven’t had the reported engine warning in sports mode.
I have seen reports that the lift is stronger as well.

I fly with them. The wobbliness will go away once you change the gain settings. They are quieter like everyone will tell you but I believe they also change how your bird will fly. Lift seems quicker but I havent looked at any data to verify that. They feel different to me anyway. Like it's not as tight as the DJI props, not as nimble. Stopping seems to take longer. I'm also a little more jerky when yawing if that makes sense. It's kind of like surfing on a long board vs. a shorty. They both do the same thing and are fun just different. One wierd thing I need to mention. I was getting the motor error and I was getting irritated about it. One day I took them off and flew around with my DJI props. Then I put the MAS props back on and I haven't had the error since. Maybe it was just something as simple as swapping the props around. I'm kind of afraid to take them off now lol.

Reactions: pvs
You could take a marker and put a dot on the front props . Then you will know where you had them installed

Reactions: zzxrox
I received mine on Saturday and due to the naff weather here in the UK at the moment I haven't had the opportunity to test them out yet.
However, on Friday there was a card through the door stating that there was a £12-44 custom charge on an item and I had to go to my local Post Office to pay this charge which I did on Saturday morning. It was my props from MAS. This charge made them quite a bit more expensive than I would normally have been willing to pay. I emailed MAS but they weren't interested. It seems strange that I never receive extra customs charges on goods received from the Far East. Do they just know how to word things on the custom docs?
Has anyone else residing in the UK had a similar charge/experience?

I was also charged the same amount.

MAS are following the letter of the law in stating the price of the goods on the customs sticker. The price just about exceeds the import tax limit.

Some sellers will play the game by reducing the amount or declaring the contents as "a gift".

Can't really blame MAS for this, more a problem with the extra £8 that Royal Mail add as a "handling charge". Although I wonder if the charge can be pre-paid by the seller to avoid this? Probably not worth their while.

I've ordered 2 sets. But it's been about 25 days & I've still not received them. They have shipped through usps to India. I wonder how long will it take?

I ordered two sets of props from MAS . I live in northern Alberta and I got them in less than two weeks . I even got a email asking if I was happy with the product.
I don’t think my stock props will ever go back on

I ordered two sets of props from MAS . I live in northern Alberta and I got them in less than two weeks . I even got a email asking if I was happy with the product.
I don’t think my stock props will ever go back on

I wrote to their Customer care about my case. They reverted back asking whether I got shipments for USA previously (postal address concern) and i was asked to reconfirm my address. I'll wait for a week more for a update.

• Sad
Hello,
in a German Forum there are concerns about an overheating of the Battery.
Has any MAS User ever get an overheated Battery ?

Greets from Germany

I hvnt experienced any problems with the battery but I noticed that the motors are much hotter than flying with dji props. Flight time was roughly the same around 12 min. With MAS they were significantly hotter which surprised me. I also experiences that yaw is much faster than with dji. I reduced attitude and Exp but the turns are too fast. Need to play around a bit more.
Hello,
in a German Forum there are concerns about an overheating of the Battery.
Has any MAS User ever get an overheated Battery ?

Greets from Germany

I hvnt experienced any problems with the battery but I noticed that the motors are much hotter than flying with dji props. Flight time was roughly the same around 12 min. With MAS they were significantly hotter which surprised me. I also experiences that yaw is much faster than with dji. I reduced attitude and Exp but the turns are too fast. Need to play around a bit more.
I'm happy to hear something other than they are quieter. What were the adjustments you made exactly or was it just the gain down to 80? I'm having similar problems and looking for the right balance. I'm thinking one of the problems is I started using both the MAS props and switched to Litchi at the same time. Aaaaannd...i just answered my own question on what to do. I have to go back to Go 4 and make some adjustments. I'm still interested in what you come up with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones