DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master Airscrew

Basically, i am happy as they are quieter. But the higher motor temperature worries me a bit since in Indonesia we have already 30 deg C ambient temperature. I will continue to check and compare the props once I have time.
Quality: excellent - no issues for Marvic Air
Price: same as DJI ( I pay USD 10 for 2 DJI and USD 19.99 for 4 plus shipment) For me worth buying
Noise: lower - comfortable to fly
Wish list: Bright colours so easier to spot once drone is lost

Setting will be updated later zzxrox

Reactions: zzxrox
they say longer flght time ? any experience on this ?
I havnt really tested it as for me it is not really relevant. I normally am back with 4 to 5 min left. I lost my bird once having problem to return due to high headwind. So I didnt make it back as battery died 500 m from homepoint.

Reactions: gkoylu
It's really hard to say if the flight time is longer. I get about the same amount of time in the air but i fly differently every flight so its hard to say. I always have another battery with me anyway.

I received mine on Saturday and due to the naff weather here in the UK at the moment I haven't had the opportunity to test them out yet.
However, on Friday there was a card through the door stating that there was a £12-44 custom charge on an item and I had to go to my local Post Office to pay this charge which I did on Saturday morning. It was my props from MAS. This charge made them quite a bit more expensive than I would normally have been willing to pay. I emailed MAS but they weren't interested. It seems strange that I never receive extra customs charges on goods received from the Far East. Do they just know how to word things on the custom docs?
Has anyone else residing in the UK had a similar charge/experience?
The government here has just brought in the ‘EBay law’ to try and get some revenue off in line sellers and help bricks and mortar sellers. The limit for us is over $500 NZ. Doesn’t help you but lots of governments are seeing lost taxes through on line sellers. I would suggest that the seller has no choice.

I received mine on Saturday and due to the naff weather here in the UK at the moment I haven't had the opportunity to test them out yet.
However, on Friday there was a card through the door stating that there was a £12-44 custom charge on an item and I had to go to my local Post Office to pay this charge which I did on Saturday morning. It was my props from MAS. This charge made them quite a bit more expensive than I would normally have been willing to pay. I emailed MAS but they weren't interested. It seems strange that I never receive extra customs charges on goods received from the Far East. Do they just know how to word things on the custom docs?

I had to pay £12 for delivery to Scotland - I was half expecting it to be honest as similar purchases in the past from the USA has incurred a charge.

I set up a hover test and measured loudness at 3 metres, inside a building so no wind or other noises to bump it around or interfere.Stock Air props were 77-80 dB, Master Airscrew props were 75-78 dB, so about a 2-3 dB difference. Audible but not awesome. More interesting is the sound frequency analysis dropped from around 500 hz to 400 hz (these are not the exact numbers as I dont have my notes with me, but it was like that). The lower pitch sounded “quieter” even though the dB drop wasn’t huge. So the apparent difference combined made it a worthy purchase. Performance wise haven’t seen a huge difference in battery life although I did reduce gain settings to 80% so maybe that will extend the battery a bit.

I had to pay £12 for delivery to Scotland - I was half expecting it to be honest as similar purchases in the past from the USA has incurred a charge.
Customs in Germany seems to be more generous...
I did not have to pay any charges, despite the prop value being properly declared. The rules are complex and depend on the type of goods - not sure if I was just lucky. I did expect to pay the VAT (19%), which is the charge for goods that don't have any special tariffs.

I have to report that the customer service from MAS was actually good - my first order of props was somehow lost in transit as reported also by USPS by tracking. When I reported this to MAS after a few weeks, they sent another package right away - this one arrived in less than a week.

I have not had the chance to fly them yet.

I also got charged that in the UK. I emailed the to complain that they should pay the charge their end to stop us also incurring the handling fee but got no reply.

I also ordered a Nushield DayVue screen protector from the US but they did sort out the customs so the price shown was what I paid.

I can't get hold of a set. I wanted to do a YouTube review for our fairly large user group in the UK. MasterScrew said they didn't have any at the moment so I'm quite envious of those who have them.

[...] When I reported this to MAS after a few weeks, they sent another package right away - this one arrived in less than a week.

I have not had the chance to fly them yet.

It actually took a bit more than a week, I checked again.

Meanwhile I have had the chance to fly.
As recommended for my Firmware (latest=620), I set all gain settings to 80 before.

Observations:
* Less noisy and much less annoying pitch. This changes the Air from acoustically annoying to decent.
* I was not at all wobbly - it was very quiet in the air, despite some wind (~25km/h).
* I did not get any motor warnings - did not do sports mode though.
* According to AirMap, the battery would have lasted ~22mins, which is ~3mins more than my average, so the props might indeed be a bit more efficient.
* I found that the braking was significantly reduced - maybe this is due to the gain settings? Or maybe I had some non-std settings for sensitivity before which may have been lost in the last FW update?

I think most is in-line with what I expectedly

It actually took a bit more than a week, I checked again.

Meanwhile I have had the chance to fly.
As recommended for my Firmware (latest=620), I set all gain settings to 80 before.

Observations:
* Less noisy and much less annoying pitch. This changes the Air from acoustically annoying to decent.
* I was not at all wobbly - it was very quiet in the air, despite some wind (~25km/h).
* I did not get any motor warnings - did not do sports mode though.
* According to AirMap, the battery would have lasted ~22mins, which is ~3mins more than my average, so the props might indeed be a bit more efficient.
* I found that the braking was significantly reduced - maybe this is due to the gain settings? Or maybe I had some non-std settings for sensitivity before which may have been lost in the last FW update?

I think most is in-line with what I expectedly
22 minute flight time? HA! For just hovering maybe. I hit 15:58 (my longest flight on record) and that was just messing around and I pushed it past 30% down to 22% battery life. You need to actually fly to get any sort of real data. And as someone said before, any extra flight time isn't much of a difference.
As far as the breaking I agree with you. It seems to take a little longer to stop. I put my OEM props back on and could see a slight difference.

Hello,
in a German Forum there are concerns about an overheating of the Battery.
Has any MAS User ever get an overheated Battery ?

Greets from Germany
Yes. I am experiencing the overheating on my 3 batteries right now..

I can deal with the high shipping costs, which almost doubles the price to South Africa, as I have seen a multitude of YouTube videos, proving this product as a worthy investment. But one aspect is still holding me back from adding to cart. Please may I have some feedback from owners on the following: I've read about a considerable amount of concerned Mavic Air operators, that the prop motors & batteries runs excessively hotter than with stock standard props, even with the gain settings lowered. I find this odd and in contradiction with logic, which dictates that a decreased gain requirement, while still yielding the same performance (results presumably due to the broader prop width, causing higher efficiency in lift), should theoretically cause less strain on the motors and the batteried, whereby rendering them cooler, not hotter? Unless it involves a lower air intake percentage which is less sufficiently cooling the motors? Please can someone elaborate on this alleged hot motors & over heating batteries phenomenon? Thanks, it will be greatly appreciated.

22 minute flight time? HA! For just hovering maybe. I hit 15:58 (my longest flight on record) and that was just messing around and I pushed it past 30% down to 22% battery life.

Well, this is what AirData extrapolated from a 13min flight that brought the battery down to 40%.
Sure, noone sane would fly down to 0, I normally return at 25% (when I'm not going long distances - otherwise earlier) and have it down around 20%.
I was not just hovering, BTW.

The 22mins are theoretical sure, just like the 19-20 are that I got before in avg.
I would probably need more data points to make firm statements, but it looks like the MAS have a slight flight time advantage.

Any extra time for flight is never a disadvantage for sure :) I guess what I was saying is with my fights the time hasn't seen any changes because of these props as they are still around 14-15 minutes. I fly until the RC starts beeping at me because of the battery left. To be honset i got these because of noise reduction but now am working on performance with them. They fly differently. Not much but they do.

I bought a set when they came out but it wasn't until a week ago that I got to fly a long distance mission with them. In my early close-up testing on my front lawn I noticed (other than they are much quieter) some difference in aircraft performance. Braking was different, and the aircraft tended to drift rather than brake to a full stop. On my first long distant flight about 2000 feet out and 300 feet high, I did't notice anything out of the ordinary flying to my objective, but when I reviewed the video footage there is a distinct drift in the image when the aircraft should have been stationary (hovering). When i got back, I put on the OEM props and experienced no drifting issues. I'll do a few more tests, but basically, I'm leaving the OEM props on for now. I'd be curious to know if anyone else noticed the difference in braking and/or saw any drift after braking. I have not experienced the "motor current" errors other have reported, and I have not changed any gain settings in the APP.

Reactions: Peter 61

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111