DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Master and slave

What drone or maybe controller is that for?

If of use and if I have the correct section, the M2pro/zoom manual reads slightly differently.

"If the control sticks on the Primary remote controller are pushed down and inward, the motors of the aircraft stop. If the same action is performed on the Secondary remote controller, however, the aircraft does not respond.The control sticks on the Primary remote controller need to be released so that the Secondary remote controller can control the aircraft"

Last edited by a moderator:
it means that the sticks down and in, or down and out movement ,which stops the motors during flight is not available on the secondary controller when the secondary RC is being used to fly the AC ,as long as the primary is just being held ,then the secondary RC will fly the drone exactly like the primary ,apart from being able to change the flight modes
if the person flying the drone with the secondary RC gets into difficulty ,or is heading for a crash ,then the moment the primary RC sticks are moved or the pause button is pressed or any other control input then the secondary RC,will not have any influence over the drone no matter what sticks are moved on the secondary RC

Incidentally, it appears the app can't update the firmware on the secondary remote. Doesn't matter if it's connected to the AC or not, or if the primary is also connected. I had to temporarily relink the 2ndary as primary, update firmware, then relink both RCs as desired.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall it been said the SC is capable of binding to more than one compatible AC.

Hi I know this is an old thread but does anybody know if the smart controller can function as the slave (ie secondary) controller? I want my wife to practice on the brighter screen so she can see better, while I use the normal controller as master in case I need to take over. It seems impossible as there’s no option in smart controller to do pairing as secondary (the pairing menu inside Go4 app isn’t working for SC if I’m not mistaken), so it can only pair as the master, right?

Hi I know this is an old thread but does anybody know if the smart controller can function as the slave (ie secondary) controller? I want my wife to practice on the brighter screen so she can see better, while I use the normal controller as master in case I need to take over. It seems impossible as there’s no option in smart controller to do pairing as secondary (the pairing menu inside Go4 app isn’t working for SC if I’m not mistaken), so it can only pair as the master, right?
Not sure my self but just read this forum did you check the manual as said at the beginning because I know I haven't lol

Yes it can be slave.
Had it that way many times.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ