DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mav 3 Advanced RTH vs Straight Ln

I have been waiting for this feature forever as very often I fly in environments where climbing and going straight is deadly for the drone (see below example) - but as RTH is failsafe - i did not test it yet hoping never to have to ;) but will never switch back to old method ;)
Beautiful area.

Reactions: alex_markov
In many cases, I am not able to reach places where it might lose the connection, so I'll take my chances, thank You.
You don't need to be able to actually reach the location where it loses connection. You only need to be able restore signal by moving yourself to clear the LOS obstruction that caused the loss of signal. I'd be far more worried that your straight line RTH is going to hit branches and drop your bird into the drink.

Huh. I'm not a newbie and it's saved me from hitting obstacles on numerous occasions.

True that it only works in daylight, though to be fair, all safety features have their limitations.

Airbags in cars are no guarantee, but they've saved a lot of lives.

Chris
We fly differently. It has only caused me grief, so I turn it off. I've never hit anything that it would have saved me from in 6 years of flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones