DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Air uses DJI Fly app. Has it improved since the Mavic Mini launch?

scubaddictions

Reactions
I'm surprised to see the new MA2 uses the DJI Fly app. I've never used it myself, only DJI Go 4. Seem to recall some not-great reviews of the app when the Mavic Mini first launched though I know they've put out updated versions. Is DJI Fly still a pale shadow of DJI Go 4 or has it bloomed into a full-fledged control platform?

Really? There is no attitude indicator in the Fly app? Huh no wonder Mini's are blowing away all the time, that seems like a major loss, particularly in something as expensive as the MA2.

Happy to be told I'm wrong, but my reading of the Fly app is that this would be enough to turn me off the MA2. Perhaps the Fly app will have a bunch of stuff added or unlocked for the MA2.

What ?! It was easy enough to check a random MA2 video on YR to see that altitude is OF COURSE shown in the app...

What ?! It was easy enough to check a random MA2 video on YR to see that altitude is OF COURSE shown in the app...
What about attitude, rather than altitude, unless you meant to type attitude instead of altitude? Compass heading. Can you include a screenshot?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Yes, altitude and attitude can easily be misread.
I'm talking the attitude bowl in Go4, it's awesome for safe flight and what the wind is doing to your drone, before it gets blown away.
So, there still is no attitude/compass direction heading displayed in DJI Fly, even on the MA2?

So, there still is no attitude/compass direction heading displayed in DJI Fly, even on the MA2?

Not sure.
Mention on another post that the ipad screen size has been fixed now to cater for the MA2 on ipad.
This MIGHT bring out more features on the app ?
Like if you use a phone with Go4, you can't see all things like histo, map, attitude etc on the screen, it limits due to crowding.
The ipad mini 4/5 etc allows you to see everything, with more room to view.

I'll be waiting to see how all this pans out, not quite ready to leave the M1P behind just yet, happy to wait and make sure no bugs / other issues, Fly app improvements, goggles compatibility etc.

Got my Mavic Mini in Nov. '19.
Started out with a Samsung S9+, moved to an iPhone 6s Plus, and eventually an iPad Mini 2.
Was planning to get an iPad Mini 4 or 5 to use with the Mavic Air 2.
But now I'm not sure.
I'd hate to have to go back to a smaller screen.

I'm surprised to see the new MA2 uses the DJI Fly app. I've never used it myself, only DJI Go 4. Seem to recall some not-great reviews of the app when the Mavic Mini first launched though I know they've put out updated versions. Is DJI Fly still a pale shadow of DJI Go 4 or has it bloomed into a full-fledged control platform?

Hi
The dji fly app is basically useless in that it allows no flight planning.

The Fly app still has no option to control things like contrast or sharpness according to this review, which is a major problem. But I am guessing this would be corrected in an update soon because that just won't do for a lot of people.

Its a watered down app. this represents the direction DJI is going. this scares me for the mavic 3 whenever it comes out. in their future roll outs im guessing only the inspire and matrice series will get good control apps.
Where is the battery indicator that shows how long you can stay where you are before you have to start flying back.
Very bad move on their behalf

I like the way the camera settings are organized in DJI fly. I think the interface is better. Problem is I think they rushed the MA2 and it’s implementation of that app. They left out the advance gimbal settings which avail on the mini

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes